for The New Thing

8/4/2020 c9 1marleypup14
I know I am late finding this fic, but please don't leave us hanging! Got to see Roxanne and Minion finding him! What about a flashback to when young megamind had the Brain scans done? Just throwing this out there!
5/13/2019 c9 Rubi
Por favor, por favor necesito saber qué pasa, por favor tu historia me atrapó desde el primer capítulo, cada trama, personaje todo, por favor.
3/10/2019 c9 Guest
Just thought you should know that there are still plenty of people out there that havent given up hope on this amazing story
7/20/2018 c9 Bananas
Love it! Really hope you'll come back and write more~
2/1/2018 c9 139moonbird
Made it to the last chapter and read it

Aw Jugs is adorbs, I like him.

I will though admit this jumping back and forth in time is getting kind of confusing... I realise it's a slow reveal from both sides and they are probably going to meet up at some point but yeah. If I were you would stick to Megamind in the present and him perhaps thinking back at how he got there.

Though it is very nice of you to always write when we are since his dissapearence, that does make things a lot easier. I also appreciate how smart you are making Roxanne, she gets to be useful, but not by compleately overshadowing minion, you are actually pretty good at delegating their tasks so everybody has something to do and no one is useless. Roxanne is not just a spectator, she does something, which is great. That's also how she was in the movie, clearly XD
2/1/2018 c4 moonbird
Heh, I didn't quite manage to read all of chapter 3 yesterday before reviewing. Well now I read all of chapter 3 AND 4.

And well again, your strenght are absolutely the descriptions, you are really good at building atmopshere and really put words on everything. I bet your are a very visual thinker in real life.

How-ever I must point out, your narrative gets kind of iffy in chapter 3. When minion tries to tell Roxanne what happened.

You need to decide if you are going to show him telling her what happened or go full flashback. That... not quite the one but not quite the other thing does not work, it became very confusing and nearly impossible to understand when Minion was speaking to roxanne or when it was a flashback. Also you often do lack the transition between present conversation and memory. It's very abrupt and thusly becomes very confusing because the reader doesn't even realise you switched.

That though is the only major thing to me, the rest is really good. The interaction between minion and Roxanne is just adorable and I hope they find Megamind real quick.
1/31/2018 c3 moonbird
I decided to give it a go trying to read your fic.

You're quite talented! This is way better than my first fics lol, and don't worry about using to much or to little description I think you have it done! The last chapter where you described the emptiness of the lair was really good.
Also you manage to write minion as such a sweet heart, it's lovely... And Hall as such a creep... Geesh.

This is really good, i'll continue reading
8/2/2017 c9 PerpetuallyTired
Oh dang, you updated!
Now I'm very afraid for Megamind! And this is only day 1!
Very well written and I'm extremely worried for Megamind and the condition he'll be in when they find him.
Hoping Minion, Roxanne, and Jugs get it together! ;)
Anxious for more chapters!
7/15/2017 c9 29joanhello
The escape that could have been a tad more successful! That is so Megamind!

And the interaction between Jugs and the warden was very nice. I'm always glad to see the prison uncles get more love, and to see the warden co-operating with one is especially good.

Love Jugs' nickname for Minion. The flashback to little Megamind's attempt at cooking was very cute. And Minion complaining about the "idiotic humans" while he acts as peacemaker.

And Megamind's internal monologue when he finds himself tied to a chair in a laboratory is just delicious, while at the same time appropriately dark. Looking forward to the next.
7/15/2017 c8 joanhello
The interview with the warden was excellent, and especially the warden being scary. Loved the detail of Roxanne innocently asking Megamind where there were more blue people, and then the picture of baby Megamind pointing to the black hole. Aahh, my heart!

And, again, good scene-setting and characterization when Megamind deals with the goons. The escape attempt is clearly described and the emotional tension is well maintained. Now, ooh, gotta read that next chapter.
7/15/2017 c7 joanhello
Good job with the mental techniques that allow Megamind to manage his PTSD over his earlier captivity. And the alternating tension and co-operation between Roxanne and Minion. You do the characters well.
7/11/2017 c9 15MegsForEVA1
Finally got some time to read it!

Minion threatening with a frying pan and yelling, that's little frightening!
And poor Megs! I really wonder what will happen next. Nothing nice I bet..
Can't wait for the next ch!
7/7/2017 c9 12Psychochiquita
Whyyy?
Why must you be a tease with the cliffhanger?
Now you're gonna have us waiting to figure out what's up with the disinfectant.

It's interesting how the warden views himself as a father before a lawman, and decides to let that be his decision maker when contemplating on letting out Jugs for help.

The tension between Roxanne and Jugs was high strung, really good seeing as it drove Minion to curse! It must've been stressful to bring even the kind hearted henchman to such drastic language.

But what will the Doc have up his sleeves for poor Megamind in the next chapter?
And will Roxanne and Jugs keep trying to kill each other? Things we need to know!

P.C.

P.S., I keep reading "tossing" salad XD
7/7/2017 c9 SkyeJ
OMG! I'm so happy to see a new chapter! I really do love this story. You just had to leave it at a cliffhanger didn't you... I can hardly wait for the next chapter now!
7/6/2017 c9 1MarsyB
Noooooooo! I take back every cliffhanger I have ever written in my entire life! That was awesome! Seriously, I am so glad I read Jugs the other day on a whim and could truly appreciate just how screwed everyone involved in Megamind's capture is now. Without any backstory at all I read the conversation between the warden and Jugs to my his band and he was impressed. I love this, so glad you found your inspiration back. :-)
52 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »