for Leverage: The Secrets We Keep

9/29/2017 c2 10HonestBee
Ha, leave it to Parker to go on and ask the question again!...and to not be overly bothered by the answer. Well, bothered of course because she does have feelings, but she's good at separating the Eliot she knows from the Eliot who did those things.
Wow, on Eliot's past...it would have had to be something pretty dark to bring that emotional reaction he had in the park.
Nice look at their sibling-like relationship, too.
9/29/2017 c1 HonestBee
Nice job! Some sort of conversation needed to take place between these two and I think you covered it well. Good job pointing out that the two of them think differently; I also thought that might have played a part in why Eliot did what he did at the pool, without warning Hardison. They needed to hash some things out afterward so they could return to that lovely brotherly relationship.

I'd like to point out one little thing, but it's not terribly distracting to the content of the story. The team goes from the park to the hotel, then apparently from the hotel they get ready to go home. When would the warehouse meet take place?
2/23/2017 c2 595Ghostwriter
Wonderful job. Love it.
1/27/2017 c2 haldirflet
2017! Happy New Year!
That was great! Thanks for writing it.
1/10/2017 c2 29Soquilii
Best backstory of 'the worst thing Eliot ever did for Moreau' I've ever read - believable, hard to stomach, but there it is. Look the man in the face and know him for what he was. Gives redefined depth to Eliot Spencer.
I applaud you for a chapter difficult yet fascinating to read.
Hope there will be more chapters!

Soquilii
1/9/2017 c2 ann.ryce
As always I loved this little story. Maybe talking about what he did will help him put the other Eliot even farther back in his memory. That was sweet of Parker to find the little girl. Shows that what Eliot told her didn't change her feelings towards him.
1/9/2017 c2 Cgarcia555
Great story. Has some error in the info transfer. Hopefully getting more now that the holidays are over.
12/30/2016 c1 25Gilbert H. Karr
"Thus was really good at first and then became confusing and a mess. Alec survived by saving himself sucking air from the chair not waiting 2.5 minutes for the keys(he would have drowned by then). And Eliot is upset? When he was the one who changed the play without notice, putting Alec at risk? Why on earth would Alec need to run after Eliot?"

To the person who wrote this review-first, let me say that I appreciate that you took the time to read and to review. I appreciate hearing what you think, and I really appreciate the reviews that aren't totally positive because they tell me where I fall short. 2.5 minutes may be a bit long, though I know people who can easily do three minutes and they aren't professional swimmers. Also, it seems like it would take at least that long for Eliot and Moreau to discuss the deal and come to an agreement.

Eliot isn't really upset or angry. He's a little hurt that after all this time, as long as Hardison has known him he still doesn't trust him. I don't see that Eliot changed the play without notice-I see that he did what he had to do to get them into the basement room. He had been inside the organization. He knew Hardison would never get downstairs as the manager of the kitchen. He gave them his name because he knew the reputation would get them downstairs, and I would argue that if he had told Hardison what he was doing before, Hardison would have been a mess.

Alec doesn't need to run after Eliot, but if they are working as a team, they have to get along, and the show established early on that they were "a little more than a team", so they need to find a way to keep the peace between them, which means talking things like this out. Also, after the Gone Fishin' Job, where Eliot and Hardison take on the domestic terrorists by themselves, they have bonded in a way that makes a conversation like this almost essential, in my mind.

I think one of the problems in our society is that people are far too willing to throw relationships away when one party does something the other doesn't like. Of course, there are deal-breakers, and arguably, nearly getting someone killed would be one of them, except in this case, it wasn' t really Eliot's fault. IF Alec did his research properly, he knew what Moreau was, and he agreed to go down into the basement anyway. But, that said, I've approached a good friend to work things out, even though in my mind, I was the one who was wronged, because the relationship was important to me. I think that's sometimes part of being an adult.

As I said, much of this is headcanon, but we do know that in later episodes, the two men considered each other brothers. That doesn't happen unless things like this are hashed out and settled. Both men have the right to be angry, but nothing changes if they don't talk it out and try to understand the other perspective.
12/30/2016 c1 Guest
12/29/2016 c1 Guest
Nice shot. Thanks for sharing and happy new year
12/29/2016 c1 ann.ryce
Like always it was great. Glad you did this since I felt Eliot and Hardison needed to work things out
12/29/2016 c1 Aaliyahnewyork
Nice gift ! I always admired the way you go into elliot's head. Thanks for sharing. And happy new year
12/29/2016 c1 29Soquilii
This gave me such a warm fuzzy feeling at the end! Completely believable story and spot on characterization as you usually do. Several aspects of the relationship and character details that hadn't occurred to me. Like reading something fresh and new. I'm so honored to have a story written just for me! Made my day. Thank you so much!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service