for Adventures of the PHANTOM Pirates

8/17/2018 c6 4Red-Hot Habanero
Sorry for taking so long to get to this chapter.

I honestly loved this! The bird flipping the skirt, the note, Kaito standing up to his uncle, just everything about it!
9/21/2017 c5 Red-Hot Habanero
Well now his uncle And grandfather have some explaining to do.

Everytime I read Minato or Hayato I can't help but think of two other anime. Minato from Naruto, which is his father. Hayato from KHR where is is one of the main characters.
9/21/2017 c4 Red-Hot Habanero
Well this chapter answered my question from last chapter.

Captain Phantom Kid the White is a hell of a name.
9/21/2017 c3 Red-Hot Habanero
You know I only have one question, since this story is about pirate Kaitou, does that mean there was a crew who knew his father's secret, and will he have crew?
9/21/2017 c2 Red-Hot Habanero
And so Kaito finds the secret room. Isn't that how Kaito found his father lair in the anime to, just leaning on the picture it turned and puff. (It's been awhile since I've seen it)

*Squints* that can't be from the seven deadly sins, can it? *gets to the end of the chapter* it is, I knew it!
9/21/2017 c1 Red-Hot Habanero
Good start, can't wait to see what you have in store for us.
8/22/2017 c6 16Hebiaczek
Hello~! It's nice to read from you again! This was a nice chapter - I especially liked the dynamics between Kaito and Aoko (as per usual - you really have a talent for this!). But I had to wonder what was Ginzo even doing during this conversation? You see - as I see it after you added permanent family members to Kuroba family, Ginzo kind of lost his canon place as Kaito's parental figure. In this story, Kaito doesn't come to Nakamoris' have dinner and stuff like that - he doesn't depend on Ginzo at all. The man is nothing more than his friend's father. And from what it seemed Ginzo was kind of still busy with the theft case, giving him less reason to be there by accident. Don't get me wrong - it's really sweet how he cares about Kaito and all - but in this reality, it just feels off. Sorry for nitpicking but I guess that's just the way I am ;)
5/24/2017 c5 Hebiaczek
Oh I definitely liked your take on Aoko - and worry not - the chapter did not drag out at all - in fact you could make it longer *wiggles eyebrows* Come to the dark side of the never ending chapters~! *giggles*
But seriously - I loved that little conversation Aoko had with Ginzo and the way she worried about Kaito. It shows much more of her intellect that seems a bit neglected in canon (shame really...). I have to admit it's a wonder how you manage to give all of those characters space to unfold without loosing on the chapter pace! Great job indeed~
The story about the birds' importance to Kaito was bitter sweet and simply lovely. As per usual I simply loved the cryptic, yet so simple note - you do have a talent for that!
Btw - it's a nice idea that you decided to add to Kaito's family a few members. As much as I'm not a fan of OC characters, those fit here rather well and don't steal the spotlight from the canon characters which makes them feel just right here~

Can't wait for Kaito's confrontation with his family in the upcoming chapters! Till then~!
5/23/2017 c4 Hebiaczek
Hm... I didn't see him as vampiric though... oh well~ Did you know that there is a series of books about vampire pirates? Although I'm usure of the English title... Gonna have to look it up later~
This certainly was a fun chapter :D I do wonder what Komori wanted to know about Toichi from his letter... I might be jumping to conclusions but I wouldn't trust him just yet xP
I did like your take on Kaito as KID origin as he gets far more information here (I still don't get it why Chikage and Jii told Kaito so little in the original... is it possible Toichi hid everything from them? How?!)
There is little I can say about this chapter besides - it was great and I loved it - especially Kaito's reactions and how whiny Jii was ;)
Onto the next chapter :D
5/23/2017 c3 Hebiaczek
And a Star Wars reference too xD "I'm not the thief you are looking for" "These are not the drones you are looking for" I had quite a laugh here ;) On other note I just loved the letter you had tgere from Toichi - it was certainly a little marvel~
So you ended up connecting Corbeau arc to the start? I do admit that it stirrs my curiosity quite a lot :D

But on tge downside you had the Pandora myth wrong ;) Actually Pandora was also a creation of the gods and she was to wed Prometeus, but the guy saw through gods plan and rejected her. Instead his brother took her in - charmed with her skills and beauty - all granted by the gods. She was also given the box (or an urn - depending on the lore) and a task to tempt her husband to open it. The brother (sorry can't remember the name atm) decided to open it with his wife and the rest is history ;)
5/23/2017 c2 Hebiaczek
I must admit that this is a certanly interesting idea ~ I might hang around and see how you'll fare with this one~
I just couldn't help but wonder... why does a daughter of a navy officer work at a tavern? Aside from the plot requirements ofc xD

Somehow this whole story gives me a feel of "Treasure Island" story and I can't place my finger on the reason behind it (and its not because of pirate theme mind you ;) )
I apologize for not reviewing the chapter 0 but first person narration as well as heavy OC importance is not my cup of tea. It was well and interestingly wriiten - but it was a style I prefer in original, not fanfic stories. Still- I'm glad I continued~
Onto the next chapter~!
2/9/2017 c5 1Disconsolate Mist
This chapter was so sweet! I really loved the bit with Kaito's pigeons, as I love how you went into a bit of a backstory on how Kaito felt about his father's death and the such... And how Toichi was a troublemaker. Is it weird that I can actually see that? Then again, probably not. He had to be somewhat of a troublemaker to pull of Kid, no? The fact that Kaito waited for his father's pigeon to come home... That really struck a cord with me and brought tears to my eyes. Other than Akemi, Toichi has the saddest death in the DC universe (sorry, Akemi's was just plain cruel, not that Toichi's wasn't, just Akemi was kind of tortured...). Aoko was beautiful in this, and I loved little Rain resting on her shoulder as she listened to the story Kaito's grandparents had to tell, it just added that little necessary touch.

Have I mentioned I love your writing style? I also love every single detail you fit into your stories, and it just makes it such an amazing read. I love everything you've written, and you are completely amazing at being an author. ;)

That would be completely awesome if you shared a birthday with Aoko! Makes her all the more relatable for you! My birthday is in the same month as Kaito's, and I know that makes me love him all the more! :P

I didn't get any of the easter eggs once again... Never been to DisneyLand... Or DisneyWorld for that matter. And, I watched some of the older DoctorWho and a single episode of the new one... "

Anyways, amazing chapter, author-san! Do keep up the great work, and I am very excited for your next chaper!
1/23/2017 c4 Disconsolate Mist
This was great! The story is truly getting started, and it's going to move in leaps and bounds from here, each chapter more interesting than the next! It was an amazing revelation, and I loved all of the characters and their reactions to all the news was perfect! The mentions of Yusaku and Shinichi get me very much excited to see how you bring in my favorite detective. All the heists that play on out from here will be great to read about, and it just gets me all worked up just thinking about it! I am so happy you were able to get through the revelation and make it absolutely amazing, it was perfect!

I don't get most of the easter eggs... I am oblivious to all these shows and games that seem to be stuff that people like... They're fun anyway! I like reading about where they're from at the end and who knows, maybe I'll even try the things they're from one day!

I loved all the talk of the rivalry between Yusaku and Toichi! The whole thing on truth was really great, and I love what you did with it, and you are using the character of Komori really well, he fits in nicely. He does seem a bit vampire-ish. I immediately like him.

Anyways, keep it up! Thanks for the shout out, too! I really enjoy helping you out with this story!
1/22/2017 c3 6Smiley-Nami
This is good. Continue when you can.
1/17/2017 c3 1Disconsolate Mist
Great chapter, author-san! Completely made my whole day look up!

I loved the heist so much! You are doing such an amazing job of transporting this all back to the 1600s. The costume is absolutely amazing, and you did a great job bringing in all these new characters! Beautiful job with the Pandora's box reference, and the Icarus reference. Lovely! The whole thing with Kaito finding out the secret (most of the way) and the Pirate-style Kaitou Kid gadgets are great! Absolute perfection! The whole lock-picking the chest was great.

Great job working with this chapter! You got an amazing amount of words into it, and you were able to do so much in those words. Awe inspiring... I am very excited to see the one-shot and, of course, the next chapter! You are doing great!

Sorry I kind of suck with reviews... And, thanks for the shout out! I am glad I have been able to assist with it in some way.

Keep it up! You are doing absolutely amazing (I could mention that a million times...)~!
18 Page 1 2 Next »