for Rome's Still Burning

6/1/2017 c1 2green-jedi
Oh my goodness. Layer after layer moving in 2d like a Duchamps. I love how you peel things back!
2/3/2017 c1 388fiesa
Writing too much would spoil this, I think.

I love the writing style you chose here, with the "This is what it looks like", "This is the truth in it" and "This is what it is". It's a wonderful way to tell this story, to continue on, and it makes the entire read an incredibly intense affair. I had the feeling someone would jump out at the characters and try to kill them the whole time.

My favorite parts: three men being logical about their relationships and seeking partners they are not too attached to, and one of the men being very, very stupid. That one, and the last line. Those were absolutely beautiful.

Also brilliant: revealing, in few words and just one line, the relationship between Marco and Cassian. And whom had he needed to shoot, I wonder? Did he ever get to know his name?

As of now, this sounds very, very dark, and I cannot really see a way out of it. I wonder if that would be possible? Hm. Anyway, the darkness, regrets, guilt and desperate dreams the main characters have are like foreshadowings...

Thank you once again for sharing these stories here!
1/26/2017 c1 52annafan
Sob! You see, this is the sort of thing _I'm_ no good at - painting a bittersweet picture (with impending tragedy lurking in the wings). Well done.
1/7/2017 c1 4BeneathaMoonlessNight
Sometimes you come across a fic that's too good to be available for free on a public domain website. This is one of them.
1/7/2017 c1 5Nutika
So I decided to read it and I really enjoyed it even though it wasn't in Star Wars universe. I mean I still prefer those where they are in their original universe but the idea of making Cassian an undercover cop was great. And that their love was somehow reckless and forbidden is also great idea. I think if they ever had a chance to be in relationship it would be somehow against common sense. And the way you wrote it in not typical way was masterpiece. It made me feel better the atmosphere you tried to show in this one shot
1/7/2017 c1 Guest
Wow. This was good. A little, only a tiny bit suffocating each time the perspective shifts to 3rd person. But gone just as soon as something happens, except it doesn't disappear somehow.

I liked that you've shown stereotype v reality and how close they can sometimes be. I know from experience how close they can get to reality...

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service