for Postliminium

4/2/2017 c1 Guest
You have amazing way with words. I absolutely adore their deep intimacy portrayed by rather subtle gestures or Mairon's thoughts (much more powerful than smutt for example) and that part about hair and how he decides he would do with tearing them, it was very interesting and somehow terribly sad. It worked really well how you had Mairon constantly panicking on the inside about secret working against Tye. He sounded less like malicious enemy and more like despairing friend that does not know how to opt out of task he disapproves of. And talking about engravings (both technology and symbolism) was just masterful and touching. I think I want to praise every sentence in this story.
2/23/2017 c1 10NelyafinweFeanorion
This was powerful. Celebrimbor has really grown on me and I really like this version of him. He breaks my heart because I know what comes later-but his hope, his belief that things can change and be better, is uplifting and so very tragic. I like this conflicted version of Annatar too.
1/11/2017 c1 24Galad Estel
Ooh, I liked this. I love how Sauron is caught between wanting Celebrimbor and wanting to destroy him. How he is almost begging Celebrimbor to stay away from him. There's this obsession which fits well with the themes of The Silmarillion. Sauron seems to fear the intimacy that is budding between him and Celebrimbor. He wants to reach out and comb Celebrimbor hair, but the only way he has touched anyone is violent, so of course, he is bound to hurt the people closest to him.

Or at least, that's what I got from it. :) Your writing is as beautiful as ever.
1/11/2017 c1 guess who
annatar, you need to chill, babe

loved this. it was beautiful
1/11/2017 c1 112AzureSkye23
I've been told there's a bottomless abyss of feels, and this story just knocked me into it.

You've actually made me like Celebrimbor. I don't like Celebrimbor. But your Celebrimbor is walking into this with eyes wide open. He isn't deceived, and knows exactly who and what Annatar is. And yet he'll believe in Redemption and Mercy enough to do exactly that. It's enough to make me forgive him of the Very Stupid Idea that are those Rings. He's going to try to heal this broken, dangerous Maia, just as he'll try to redeem his grandfather's house, and he's going to *die* trying, and I, like, seriously need this to be the beginning of an AU where he actually succeeds instead of dying, but it's not-
*devolves into incoherence*

And Annatar. Broken, beautiful Annatar, who's lost faith in his own redemption. He's so fragile in this fic, not only through his thoughts, but the way he's flinching and tensing at innocuous touch. He's so desperately wanting to warn Celebrimbor to stay away, to not be caught in the maelstrom that Annatar knows follows him, but he can't bring himself to do so. He's thinking full out in this fic that there's no way this will end well, it can't, and we know the story and know that's true, but you still make him so pitiable...
*Devolves into incoherence again*

Seriously, Crackers, this story is fantastic, and simply begging for a happy AU where Mairon decides he could actually be transposed to a harmony in F major. Which puts this story in excellent company, as I feel that way about most of the Silm. ;) Thank you for this gem of a fic!