for Baptize Yourself With Lethe

11/1/2018 c1 6Tinjin
Perfect, just perfect. Perfectly Despairing. We travel the final moments of Hajime's life before the project. Just the thought of a realisation of his terrible mistake is hurting me. You clearly put a lot of thought into these stories and honestly, it's like a gift from God. However, at the same time, it's also a gift from Satan. My heart is forever in shambles, and having to imagine Hajime lose himself piece by piece... *breathes in* AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The despair is just beautiful, but the hope in his efforts to remember makes me happy. :P I love your stories, but at the same time, I hate them. No offense. :P XD
10/12/2018 c1 24that one little guy
Hajimeeeeeee ;; What on earth made you think you had to do this to yourself
6/12/2018 c1 7ancientdragonduelist
Your self-plug worked. This was a pretty damn cool story.

It's like a hospital drama, or a old medical horror you might find on the back page of a forgotten website. Only, for our kids, it wasn't a story, something to scare you before a good night sleep. It was real, the monster was born, and he tore their world apart.

Makes me way more sympathetic for Hajime and Izuru both.

...

I wonder what would have happened if he had gotten away too early. If Hajime had escaped, wounded and bleeding, but with many of the powerful talents of Izuru Kamakura. He wouldn't be all-powerful, but he'd be strong, smart, and fast enough to keep himself hidden. But he wouldn't, not forever. He would want to strike back against Hope's Peak. And he would want to find Chiaki.

It would be a story from the Chiaki's perspective. A monster is hiding in the woods. Hope's Peak is on Lockdown. Armed but normal guards patrol the halls and grounds, and all alumni have been recalled to help protect the famous school.

Junko is the first to find the monster. She wishes to recruit him for Despair, but Hajime is still mostly himself. He wants nothing to do with Junko's plans for world Despair, but he DOES want revenge against Hope's Peak. And in any case, her sister Mukuro is a match in combat for the twisted boy. As long as he doesn't get the drop on her...

Chisa, Kyosuke, and Juzo know something is very wrong, but Jin, Koichi, and Kazuo won't tell them the truth, not the full truth. They will admit that a terrible mistake has been made, and they need the three alumni's help to make Hope's Peak safe again. To re-capture the monster they unleashed. Kyosuke and Juzo need to help patrol the halls, the normal guards are more for show than anything, the monster would rip them to pieces. Chisa's job to keep the students in the school, and keep them as safe and happy as she can.

After all, the monster is only hanging around Hope's Peak because of something, or someone it wants. If they can find out what, maybe they can use it as bait...

It could even be a totally minimalist story, written like diary entries in Chiaki's log book. She could let all the information above slowly leak out as Hajime tries to rescue/kidnap her, and the school tries to capture/kill/recruit him.

...

I wish I could do something with this idea. But I'm already overstretched with life and a Hiyoko one-shot. Though I'm willing to assist in the development of this idea if anyone wants to take a crack at it, or help me make a try at it when time allows.
2/1/2018 c1 thanzintay.2000
Wow
1/8/2018 c1 13Spiner909
Ever played the new Prey video game? It makes me curious why HPA would immediately focus on the idea of making a god emperor of mankind, instead of going for a wider and smaller scale approach.

In Prey, you can inject 'skill' into your mind with these things called Neuromods that basically implant the experience of a master level talent of the chosen field. You would suddenly have the ability to play violin like an expert who had done it for their whole life. But the catch is, if the Neuromods are ever removed or reset, you lose all of your memory, right back to the instant where you were about to inject the Neuromod.

...I feel like there's crossover potential here. Maybe I'll explore this idea more in the future.

Anyway, this was an interesting idea for a story, and I think it did a pretty good job of portraying what Hajime must have gone through.
8/27/2017 c1 10SilverLunaMoon
I absolutely love this story.
It's so sad to see Hajime slowly slipping away but I can definetly see this as being completely canon to the dangannronpa universe
4/23/2017 c1 13creativesm75
this is so sad...
2/2/2017 c1 1Ravenfeather11037
Ughhhh... I feel drained... reading the process in which he loses who he is is heart wrenching, especially the part where he was inches away from escaping. Congratulations, this was extremely well written. You crushed all of my hope.

I would kill for an alternate scenario in which he DOES manage to escape... I haven't seen any stories in which he's in a semi-Izuru state (other than post-kibouhen.) I think it would make a very interesting story.
1/31/2017 c1 43penchou
Perfect! Loved this to bits and honestly I loved the way you break his will as each day passes by and damn, the fact that it was emphasized that Hinata held on to his last memories and feelings of Nanami makes it all the more heartbreaking! Wonderfully written until the end.
1/22/2017 c1 19Vixen7117
Ahhh. This one really strained my heart like every few paragraphs it felt like a piece of my heart was sliced clean off. This just shows what a wonderful writer you are. The format is very interesting and really helps with the stories structure and growing tension. Maybe this can be the prequel to "extra life". Anyway thank you for the emotional roller coaster and for being your wonderful self.
1/21/2017 c1 A smol Jellyfish
This is the best fic on the Kamukura Project I've ever read! (Okay, it's the only one, sue me.) I really like how you had the scientists actively trying to keep up the charade in the beginning instead of showing their true colors throughout since that's the best way to keep somebody hooked onto something. I especially liked that slow progression of becoming apathetic, and then the desperation in trying to keep whatever he could remember. And that last sentence killed me on the inside. I'm accepting this as canon just like I accept Extra Life as canon because screw the anime she's still ALIVE- Anyways, bless your soul for being amazing at characterization.
1/20/2017 c1 2The Anime Loving Girl
HOLY GOD THAT WAS AMAZINGLY AMAZINGLY AWESOME! THAT WAS SO FREAKIN AWESOME! YOU DESERVE SO MUCH FREAKIN PRAISE FOR THIS! LOVED EVERY FREAKIN WORD!
1/20/2017 c1 12Ramix
First of all how dare you? This was heartbreaking from start to finish and it just kept getting worse. From the beginning when everything seems fine but we KNOW its all going to hell, then to his first talent selection, then to the encounter with his parents, and the slowly dawning realization that something is WRONG, and thats when it starts to read like a horror fic. The almost successful escape attempt (which we KNOW was bound to fail but God bless him he tried SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR) to him just giving up and trying to remem ber himself and his love for nanami, and seeing it all slowly fade away until nothing is left and all he can do is chant her name until even that is gone. Heartrending. If we werent such good friends I would sue for emotional distress. ;_;