for Life During Wartime

6/27 c9 Guest
Well, as far as I’m concerned Barns and Middle are just two parts of a much bigger problem… I always enjoy the double standard, especially when it comes to the hypocrisy of fighting “terrorists” by sending out groups to “take care of and neutralise threats” by way of cold-blooded murder, mayhem and general collateral destruction.
6/25 c25 G F
Huh. The whole time I thought Fleur would end up as the second wife. It just felt like that was where it was going.
And no, I don't like the Dramione ending, even if she 'changed'.
6/24 c23 G F
It was a MOOT point.
6/24 c20 GF
? If Cho apparate to 'the muggle side, and then entered the Leaky cauldron' (para), then she DID NOT apparate to Diagon Alley. There IS a difference. And most fics do not allow for apparition into and out of the Alley. The Leaky floo helps traffic control.
6/24 c19 G F
Nope. Not ropes. Wrong spell. Again.
6/26 c2 sorcerersupreme14
Really? Outright murder of innocents based on family history and even at times no reason except superficial association? The House of Windsor, the British Royal Family and Lords of Britain are responsible for far more deaths and destruction than the all the dark lords in british magical history put together. Genocide commited against natives in the Americas, the Pacific and Africa. The Jallianwalla Bagh Massacre, the Bengal Famine and looting and oppression committed by british officials in India. If India were to demand reparations for the crimes against humanity committed by UK in India alone, The entire british GDP in the last 2 millenia wouldnt be enough. So perhaps they should clean their own house first. I hope to see ICW intervention and British muggle nobles get a taste of their own medicine. After all British Royals and Nobles have done so much shit historically that they would make Voldemort look pale in comparision. But i suppose all this colonial history and Dark side of English nobility is taught iin schools. Yet they expect the third world countries to deal with far more complex human rights issues as if they have any moral high ground at al.
6/22 c17 G F
Only the Green grass home was destroyed. Not the business. (At least, you never said the business was in the same location as the home) Why would Daphne need to hire more employees?
_
"... start the search for this Harry person."
Scott KNOWS who Harry Potter is AND what he means to Hermione!
6/22 c16 G F
"... as he cast the spell to apparate."

I take back everything nice I thought of you. Movie watching usurper! Probably never even READ the books!

Grrrrr! There is NO spell to apparate. Steal book 5 from some tween you know and look up Wilkie Twycross!
_
And double Grrrrr!
"The body bind curse" is not the 'ropes wrapping around her torso' spell! The body bind 'Petrificus Totalis' causes your arms and legs to snap tight to your body, your body to go rigid, and only your eyes can move. You cannot even talk. 'Petrify' is what it does. 'Incarcerous' - is the ropes spell.
6/22 c14 GF
I kept waiting for the 'dream' to be some kind of deception with hallucinagenics or something, and the wasps or whatever were conjured like Hermione's bird swarm.
Speaking of old songs, if Staci is this hot, what about "Staci's mom"?
6/21 c13 G Fawkes
Letting the days go by
Water pouring on the ground
Once in a lifetime

Oh no! Look at me! I'm plaguerising! Nana booboo!

Effing wanker, stick up the ass, and liking it!

(aforementioned reviewer, not the author)
6/21 c12 G Fawkes
Summer of 1983, the year I graduated High School, and my first job as a lifeguard, the catch phrase of the summer- was "cool babies!" Overused to the point of nausea, but still awesome, we played beach volleyball on hour breaks between guarding, and ALL of the 'cool people' were there. I'm sure I wouldn't have even been included except it was MY ball, and they had to wait for me to play. (grin)
Seeing "cool babies" in the lyrics, and I had never associated the song with that summer before, brought back that awesome memory!
6/20 c11 GF
Have you ever dropped your eaves before? Know anyone who did? No? That's because 'eavesdroppers' is one word, and 'eaves dropper' is an oxymoron, gibberish and, makes no sense at all.
Eaves are the overhang on a house, where you attach the gutter and downspouts. Can't pick them up. Can't drop them. There is no possible way to BE an eaves dropper. Ok, maybe a demolition crew, tearing a house down, could conceivably CUT the eaves off of a house, and then DROP them. Making eaves dropping an actual thing.
6/20 c10 G Fawkes
Grrrrr!
The characters in JKR's sandbox, ficworld, fictional witches and wizards we know and love or hate- don't call Tom Riddle 'the Dark Lord' unless they are supporters, sympathizers, or Death Eaters. Harry- doesn't say 'Dark Lord'. Kingsley, doesn't say it. Anyone Light, don't say it. Dork Lord, Dark Wanker, Voldyshorts, Squirrellmort... any , all, and many other options, yes.
6/19 c6 GF
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!"
Was that "Live and Let Die"?

(James Bond for the really clueless)
6/19 c5 G Fawkes
Sorry if I botch it...

This is not my beautiful house.
This is not my beautiful wife.
And you should ask yourself,
Why am I here?