FanFiction.Net
for Life During Wartime

4/23/2021 c25 K
Another great story. Well done.
4/23/2021 c1 Nate
Interesting Idea ruined by shitty super OCs
1/8/2021 c2 Schnuff
I guess that it for me.
Let me explain: I can understand if the government sees the magical as dangerous.
And yes, they would seek to either control them (make them into their secret weapons) or eliminate them.
BUT just eleminate whole families because they are of old blood...what would they accomplish with that? The magicals would
react if they found evidence that one of them was killed by normales...aka the next war, only this time every witch/wizzard would seek to eliminate muggles.
12/6/2020 c16 21Lerris
I think I'm going to pass on the rest of this. The biggest things that stand out is:
1. Harry has no business helping now that you have organized governments involved, training montage or not.
2. Harry having a way through wards, okay, that's nice, but still makes no sense. You would have multiple strike teams ready 24/7 each with whatever toys Harry has. Governments should have the resources to do this. At the very least you would never send one guy by himself, even if backup is coming soon. That's a recipe for getting the one guy dead and accomplishing nothing.
3. If you know the sacred 28 are the targets, and they have for awhile, you move them to protected and secret areas.
4. Daphne just lost her parents and family and from what I read was rational afterwards. That seemed too quick.
12/6/2020 c15 Lerris
I admit I skimmed a fair amount of this, but suddenly Harry is acting pretty arrogant after that training montage?
12/5/2020 c11 Lerris
I know there was a compulsion mentioned in a recent previous chapter, though I don't recall and may have skipped over if one was earlier. Needless to say this does make more sense, well other than the part about them being controlled and no one noticing for a significant time. I'd have expected there to be sufficient checks to catch such a thing.
12/5/2020 c5 Lerris
This still seems difficult to believe. Actions like this don't eliminate terrorism. They are too unsubtle and too obviously directed, or it will be obvious soon, if they keep up this rate.

Basically the British government is setting up the perfect conditions for another Dark Lord to flourish. It is not as if the magicals have to take over the presumably protected leaders with imperious curses. No, they can just take over key figures such as talking heads on news and such. A semi competent magical leader could have the muggle world tearing itself to pieces in probably a couple of months. This would probably escalate, but it is not a given that the magical side would lose, since they have far more effective guerrilla options. Portkey bombs are the most obvious one. Steal the bombs from the muggle military. They could be as simple as a box of grenades. Prime one (or all magically), portkey the box, and then carnage.

Basically, I still find it had to believe that a government would be that stupid. Then again well politics is a sad thing, as recent events have shown, and the level of stupidity possible is much higher than I would have believed four years ago.
11/29/2020 c1 Lerris
The writing looks good. The plot looks solid. I just don't have any real interest right now in the plot which appears to be the muggle government targeting the older magical families.
10/23/2020 c25 BillBrink
Thanks for sharing this enjoyable story with us.
10/22/2020 c21 BillBrink
How can anyone who is able to try and fight the AK successfully use it, since you have to really hate in order for it to work?
10/21/2020 c17 BillBrink
Love the twist on the power behind bad guys. Cho remains very much in her fandom sneaky power hungry character to do in her competitor and even eliminates her father who would stand in her way to take control of the family business. So the gang is taking their marching orders from her along with their funding. But it still doesn't answer the question of why she would direct them to eliminate the other nonthreatening families. Guess I'll have to be patient. I'm thinking that her joining with Malfoy will be certain to lead to no good.
10/20/2020 c13 BillBrink
I love this story, but the question that keeps me asking is, why does this group of men go after the good guys first? Surely they would know that Weasley, Longbottom, Abbott and Harry were the only ones that were fighting the DEs. If they had a beef against the people who didn't hear their calls for justice it would have been anyone other than these people who put their lives on the line for Riddle's defeat, especially Harry. If they truly wanted to get justice it would make more sense to go after the Sacred 28 who were really guilty first.
At least the DEs had a believable motive for their participation. They wanted power and wealth and they felt that Riddle was the strong leader who would grant them their desires. This group is small, not seeking power or wealth, and has no hope of a happy-ever-after even if they are able to accomplish their goals. Fighting a war takes money. What is their source of funding? How can they replace lost assets? Now, not only do they have the Ministry of Magic and the entire non-mag government against them, but they have made enemies of the very same people who took out Riddle and his army. Somebody in that small group has to be thinking, "Are you nuts?"
8/16/2020 c2 Guest
Chilling. Targeting people with no prior checking into their deeds or views. /they're as bad as the DEs.
8/9/2020 c1 16senawario
unique twist, although ANY story that makes Malfoy good in the end feels way way off to me
7/24/2020 c25 K
An extremely different and enjoyable story. You surely do have a fertile imagination!
297 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »