for (1) A New Timeline

16h c29 Alexander Shalin
i'No one is ever safe John! Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there, it cant be bargained with, it cant be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and it absolutely will not stop... EVER, until she is in your bed!'/i

I took the liberty to change a bit the famous quote to give this review a headline. But I could just say it's Terminator: Smiling Cameron's Chronicles.

This story create a new branch in time and space. Instead of doom and gloom of the original story, it's much more optimistic and frivolous. And it doesn't mean it's goofy. The plot is very deep and elaborated. The author develops every aspect of the show, even the most miniscule, he ties every loose end the show left.

In contrary to the script writers, the author refuse to consider the characters as expendables. No more unnecessary deaths to cut the edges, he gives them the chance to develop, everyone have their own arc.

It's a rare gem. The author had mercy to those ill-fated lovers and gave them a chance to be happy. It's a comedy, but also a drama, I even cried a little in the end, although I'm male, 39. Maybe I'm just a softie.

I'd like to write more specific, but don't want to spoil the fun. Read the, I heartily recommend it!
1/16 c30 jgyle
I really like the description given to the characters, makes it easier to understand who and what they're about.
12/24/2020 c28 1Usurper97
My third read through and still as amazing as ever! If anyone is reading reviews to decide if they should read this story I have to say absolutely you should! (I had to leave my review on this chapter because apparently you can only leave one review per chapter now)
6/26/2020 c23 daemon452
These are the chapters i hate. The main characters being arrogant as hell. When they themselves fuckup most of the time. Instead of either rejecting or accepting help, they just spend their time grandstanding. It also makes nomsenew that people with these agents connections cannot get heavy ordabiance. Which we know for a fact will fuck upma terminator. It's just hard for the Connors to get. I understand the purpose of these chapters just hate them.
4/7/2020 c29 43BenRG
That TOL-900 is quite frightening to think about. It reminds me a lot in terms of its molecular construction of the REV9 from a seriously divergent timeline in Terminator: Dark Fate. However, its pseudo-organic nature indicates that its' version of Skynet was scraping against the barrier of creating truly synthetic life-form.

Of course, Future John and Future Cameron were always one step ahead, weren't they? I have no doubt that they decided that this technology was needed for their younger selves as part of their long-term plan to not only defeat Skynet but defeat the aspects of humanity that created Skynet. I have no doubt that the data they sent back includes all the information Catherine will need for Ziera Corp to be mass-producing the weapons, tools and cyborgs needed to win the war against the Council within months.
4/7/2020 c28 BenRG
After all, one T-900/TOK715 chassis is basically the same as another. Ultimately, all Allison had to do was clone her chip. It was for this purpose, and I suspect at General Connor's direct orders, that the Camerons had been stockpiling coltan and components.
4/7/2020 c27 BenRG
Come now, Derek. You seriously didn't think that the General wouldn't choose to be there for the Endgame? Come to think of it, you don't think that he and Catherine weren't conspiring together from the start and that everything that has transpired has done so according to his design? There is a reason why Skynet only feared one man, after all!
4/7/2020 c26 BenRG
I wonder if Jessie's real problem is that Allison, Cameron and Catherine are more believably human than she is. She didn't blink before killing Riley. Meanwhile three Metals have human-type relationships with other humans that she has difficulty emulating wholeheartedly!

As for Derek? John Connor ordered that Jessie Flores should not be killed. That is the beginning and end of it but he sees no reason to treat her as anything other than a deserter, renegade and traitor.
4/7/2020 c24 BenRG
That was a fascinating chapter. Although making John into Mr Exposition was a bit jarring and a little awkward, I can't see any other way you could have dealt with this issue. It is something that RL theorists talking about AI have said - that at a certain point, a neural network becomes so complex that the consciousness algorithm can't manage all of it anymore and certain processes start creating their own algorithms - a 'subconsciousness' and an 'R-brain' managing autonomic chassis functions.

I wonder if the girls dream? How will they react to nightmares?

One possibility, going forwards, is that Allison and Cameron's processes are now so complex that that random events will have 'butterfly effect' consequences on their development. So, their personalities and reactions will quickly start to diverge.
3/1/2020 c12 BenRG
Why was Derek so okay with this? Post-Judgement Day, that gang would have been called 'scavs' (scavengers), unaligned survivors who preyed on others. Scavs were occasionally useful to the Resistance but generally just got in the way and absorbed resources that would be better directed against Skynet. All John and the girls did was carry out the standing directive about how to deal with their nests. With a bit of luck, the other gangs will realise that someone in that part of LA has an issue with them and will steer clear for a while.
3/1/2020 c11 BenRG
John sighed tiredly. "You don't get it, do you? She doesn't negotiate; she'll just find me. That's what she does. That's ALL that she does. She'll find me, she'll come in here, mow through you and whoever you get to help you like you were so much WHEAT, then reach down your throat and pull out your heart."

"That's why you and your friends need to run away RIGHT NOW."
3/1/2020 c10 BenRG
Personally, I would have had something like this:

Jacobson wakes up to the noise of someone inserting a magazine into a semi-automatic pistol. "You know," John says conversationally, "I've made a lot of dumb mistakes in my time. I've thought with my heart when I should have used my head and occasionally used my head when I should have listened to my heart. But you? You really are something else. You know, I really thought that you were smart enough to know that you were getting a 'get out of jail free' card. After Skynet was erased from the future, I was going to let you walk because you really weren't a threat anymore. I made a mistake though: I never realised just how devoted you were to your benefactor.

"You know the thing about 'get out of jail free' cards? You never know when you're going to get one. I was lucky today that Alison had the data on hand to contact a decent medic. That was my one card used up and I'm not going to bank on getting another."

Jacobson's eyes opened wide as John's M1911 pointed at his face. "Wait! WAIT! I can still..."

"Don't," John said in a tired tone of voice. "Just... don't. You fought for your side to the end. Try to go out with what little dignity you can."

"NO!"

One in the head and then John put the other six into the heart. Just to be sure, as Cameron liked to put it.

Then again, I'm not one for endless free second chances for bad men.
3/1/2020 c5 BenRG
Derek is correct: Time-travel has irrevocably altered history. The War with the Machines began in 1980 with the attempt to terminate Sarah Connor. The war has now reached the point where the three factions are openly struggling with each other and the pre-Judgement Day world is their battlefield.
3/1/2020 c3 BenRG
"I hate temporal anomalies"
- Master Chief Petty Officer Miles O'Brien