for Aqua Regia

9/12/2018 c1 Madame de Victoire
Lovely story!

I hate myself so much right now. The title should be 'Aqua Regum'. King should be in the genative tense because the water belongs to him. I'm sorry for being a pedant.
7/19/2017 c1 6Whack-the-beetle
Beautiful. Loved the metaphor.
5/31/2017 c1 Guest
Simply beautiful
4/2/2017 c1 Guest
This is of incredible brilliance. I absolutely loved their exchange of metaphors from all kinds of fields and I am very fond of Tye's attitude towards everything. Contingency plans for the win! Mairon was your angsty golden standard and great pleasure (if bittersweet) to read.
2/7/2017 c1 TaraSindar
This story is wonderful.
2/6/2017 c1 Guest
This is so lovely. If it had happened this way, Celebrimbor would believe in redemption, and hope he could help atleast one person he loves...
2/6/2017 c1 41CrackinAndProudOfIt
Skye. Oh Skye, this is magnificent. I'm pretty sure I hardly breathed the whole time I was reading. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Wow.

You portray Sauron and Tyelpë's twisted, yet heartbreakingly authentic relationship so beautifully. From the very first lines, Sauron's description of the room Tyelpë has set up for him is so vivid. Even that indirect portrayal of Celebrimbor is perfect. The lines about the darkness, and how Tyelpë had just /known/ he wouldn't want the dark, had me feeling so much even that soon end. And then, after all this lovely description - the Chain. The comparison with Angainor is positively chilling, and of course the image of the gold of the chain like the gold of the Ring is perfect, as well.

Their interaction is gorgeous. I particularly love Sauron's aside about how each of them acts when nervous. How they're both acting that way now. All the references back to the dialogue in Postliminum (even down to the hair and the stars!) had me blushing and grinning like crazy. But then with the chemistry! It should be adorable when they're trying to out-science-ing eachother, and it is, but it also just has me ready to cry. Amazing.

I also loved the counting throughout. That adds such a strong cadence to the story, plus it's so in-character for Sauron. (Lately I've been envisioning him increasingly far down the obsessive-compulsive side of perfectionism, so that really fits.)

But let's talk about that ending. You do a breathtaking job of showing that lingering tenderness between Tyelpë and Sauron. Sauron doesn't believe Tyelpë's not angry, but then he goes and proves him wrong. "His hand slips off my shoulder as he leans into hug me, the awkward bundle on the bed." I love the imagery of that line, the way Sauron refers to himself, the sheer rhythm of it, everything it means.

And then that line Sauron himself cuts off-"I want to cry out, to beg him to stay, to not leave me in the dark and cold and alone - -" He's almost begging himself here, begging himself to /let/ himself call after Tyelpë, let himself become gold again. But he doesn't. He just falls back into himself, trying to clear his mind. It's so gut-wrenching here, but there's still so much room for him to change his mind. I have the feeling that Tyelpë's going to keep coming back as long as he needs to.

Absolutely beautiful work. Thank you again! You've successfully blown my mind. *hugs fiercely*
-Crackers
2/6/2017 c1 7SaphiralovesTolkien
Loved first person Sauron!
It was well done!
2/6/2017 c1 Guest
Oh I loved Postlimium and this is so fun to read too.
I like the idea of Celebrimbor being the one in control for once, just something that's different to canon that's not been explored too much in the Celebrimbor/Annatar community.