for San Valentino

3/18/2017 c1 9Violonaire
Beautiful story. I love the originality of having Erik paying his respect to Saint Valentine. This text was sober, elegant without fluffy stuff we sometimes see in Saint-Valentine's text. Bravo!
2/27/2017 c1 11emeraldphan
This is a lovely, original story. I enjoyed reading about Valentines' Day from Erik's perspective and his thoughts about the myriad of saints or "errand boys" as he called them. It does seem odd to commemorate the nasty death of a saint by giving presents, flowers etc and like many aspects of "normal" life, Erik is understandably confused.
I like this time in his life as he hasn't isolated himself from humanity yet and obviously cares about what Giovanni thinks of him. He is also interested in religion in general too, although he cannot share the beliefs of the people around him. The ending was very moving, with Erik accepting that he would never be happy.
2/8/2017 c1 16Child of Dreams
(giggles)
My favorite holiday...
2/8/2017 c1 28Not A Ghost3
Another masterpiece from you! It was very original and I loved it! Especially that last little bittersweet line: He never expected to be happy. Not being unhappy would have to be enough.
2/8/2017 c1 MyNina
I was surprised and happy to find a Valentine Story, and even though it is not about E/C you did a marvellous job!
Your characterization of young Erik was absolutely cute, you made him sound innocently and full of hope although his hard life already marked him as an outcast. But this period is one of his happiest, and I appreciated his loyalty and respect towards Giovanni when he kept his promise! You described all those fantastic places very well, I remembered my own visit to Rome and had to smile about "La Bocca della Verità", and Eriks thoughts too (absolutely lovely :-)
You did a great Job as always, thanks a lot for this wonderful story!
Best regards, Nina
2/8/2017 c1 41AmadErik
I love how you get young Erik's personality - he is not yet the bitter old sarcastic fellow at the Opera, or not even the guy at the Christmas party. He still considers what other people think of him, usually nothing good, but he still would like to fit in. I like the idea that he would apologize to a saint for Giovanni. There arefew people in Erik's life he would do it for.

Also, in a side - not, I am happy to see a Valentine story about Erik that is not about E/C.

Great job, as always.