for high times

3/12/2017 c6 28Son of Whitebeard
scary sicknrss
3/10/2017 c1 2550shadeofomg
Wow, looking good here. I'm interested to see how jacked up some of these people get, though addiction sucks and it looks like you are going to get them help eventually. Making it more mature would be amazing though. What are some of them willing to do to get their fix, eh? Just a suggestion. Feel free to ignore me on that.

I'll get to the other chapters when I can. I like the length of this. Some of the people around here need to learn that "short" and "good work" can go together:)
3/1/2017 c5 364Chrys-DASL
I think Arthur could use a better job that doesn't encourage him to drink, but that's just me. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up since he's so miserable.

To answer your review (just checked my inbox): Yep, it stormed here nicely. I also noticed the irony of posting an update to "Through the Storm" on such a night, but we're fine here. I leave in a few minutes so I'm wrapping up some work on here, but yeah, I've spent most of my night trying to stay awake. I really should've taken a nap instad of doing a one-shot this afternoon, but whatever, no regrets. It's for "At The Mall," so keep an eye out for it:)
2/27/2017 c4 Chrys-DASL
Wow, one would think this is one of the most innocent addictions in the whole piece, but exercise could mean many things. A lot of addicts turn to it to get through other addictions, plus it could be an eating disorder. Either way, Jenna is way more messed up than people think and I can't wait to see where you go with this.

By the way, you got any coffee? Boyfriend has another 30 minutes of class, then it's 30 minutes home, but I'm beat. *yawns* My eyes feel like boulders are attached, man!

Also *hugs* Thanks for the review on Through the Storm. I've heard of the guy before so I wasn't surprised, and I knew my buddies would stick up for me. He really didn't bother me though. I was going to tell him I wasn't a "fucking retard" but I was "fucking his mom," but whatevs, I'll keep the joke between us;) Guy needs meds for sure, but he's blocked now. You take him on.
2/27/2017 c3 Chrys-DASL
Thanks for the chapter preview. I can't wait to see what you have planned for everyone, plus I've never seen the George x Ladonna matchup before. Should be very interesting.

As for this chapter, I'm not surprised by Muffy. She takes me as someone who could go 2 directions as an adult: businesswoman like her father or party girl. You picked the party girl route, but I hope she changes her ways. I can see she's having fun getting high, but with her dominating personality, I feel like she'd have more fun on top of things rather than swimming with the scum of society. I'm interested to see where this goes because a lazy life is persuasive. I think you definitely need to see how taking her money out of the picture would effect her, just a suggestion:)
2/22/2017 c2 Chrys-DASL
I was wondering if I'd see you tonight:) Nice to see you got through another day of work.

Anyway, interesting backstory with Francine here. You should definitely do more with their relationship, plus I still like anti-ArCine pieces. I'm interested in Arthur's side of the story. I hope his chapter comes up soon. It seems he's also going to be an alcoholic by your hints. Interesting that the birds of a feather decided not to flock together...

It's okay if you don't add in gambling. I figured I'd suggest it because I have experience in it, though I can help with other things too if you need it. You seem to be doing well though:) I don't mind slow updates but I REALLY can't wait for more:D
2/20/2017 c1 Chrys-DASL
Good start, can't wait for more. I see you're sticking to the truth and how much it hurts. I thankfully haven't dealt with this form of addiction personally, but it's effected my parents' medication because of how addicts are. After dealing with my dad's gambling, I know it's not easy, but at least his just financially drained us and caused other related issues. I couldn't imagine him having one of these life or death, "I could die any day" addictions. This piece is going to get DARK, but I can't wait to see what your first epic has in store for us.

I'm curious to know if you'll have any gambling characters. I don't mind being your resource if you need one. Also, feel free to take my idea of Muffy's dad having a gambling addiction. I know you're working more with Arthur's generation, but maybe that could play a role in whatever Muffy is up to?