for The Problem with Magical Contracts

5/2 c1 Mac-The-Editor
Absolutely horrendous ending. I love it! This wasn't the "Daphne and Harry abuse contract magic" fic I was looking for, but there aren't enough fics out there that just say "fuck it" to the entirety of Magical Britain. I want more globetrotting Harrys!
1/3 c1 13fvdv123
a wonderful topic i have to try it
12/10/2021 c1 marcinkrycki2314
Just an idea for a fanfic, fem harry in AU where her life was more fucked up then Canon but not too bad like no rape etc... gets choosen by the goblet and she breaks down and runs away to the only place she can be safe in, to the chamber of secrets. She finds slytherins study and there an ancient ritual that salazar reserched that was meant to summon a bonded aid for the summoner which will be specificaly equiped with ability to help the summoner with the problem the summoner currently has. Fem Harry being unstable does the ritual with the wish of having a big family, happy life and someone who loved her.

And she ends up summoning an SI armed with knowledge of 1999 fanfictions, lust and undying loyalty equal to Issei from DxD who just finished reading a list of HP fanfics that focused on magical contracts.
4/22/2021 c1 hisnhers
I liked the Author's Notes. It was a good summation of canon facts. Ty, for that! It's always helpful when someone points out the combination of facts from different books in a concise manner.

I just... couldn't... enjoy the fic. I know the point was to show that Magical Contracts aren't reasonable and are easily manipulated due to a HUGE legal and magical hole one could drive several 18 wheelers through, simultaneously. JKR truly dropped the ball there (and a whole lot of other places, too!) It just could have been done without the choice of rape (those contracts were exactly that, btw) or lose your magic (and possibly life,) imho.

I just wanted to calmly state that you lost a great potential fic that could have expressed your excellent idea. And it WAS an excellent idea! I don't remember another fic that pointed out your great ideas, though they may exist. It was the implementation of your idea that was more of an angry rant (Yes, Harry had every right to be angry, too! I certainly was angry over the way they treated him.) instead of a logical execution to point out the Magical World's obvious flaws and to show them how foolish they are and especially to be bested by a muggleborn and muggle-raised. That would have chapped their backsides! lol!

his
4/7/2021 c1 K
Amusing at least! Actually pretty well written as well.
3/29/2021 c1 Schmaing003
This started out with a fun concept and devolved into a Harry that was as evil, dark, and disgusting as Voldemort is supposed to be... I mean raping half the female population of hogwarts just because he feels slighted is fucking dark and evil as hell. I hope one of those girls is muggle born or half and comes back with a gun and bullet to Harry's brainpan. He deserves to rot in hell.
3/7/2021 c1 3Steve-Arkarian
Why Neville?
3/5/2021 c1 TheMultiRounderG
the concubine part was... disturbing, but except that this was very amusing and interesting.
12/30/2020 c1 5AJAvenger
Magical Contracts if they exist must be different. It's specially the Goblet of Fire that can be confounded to enter someone into a magical contract.
10/21/2020 c1 6Yaw6113
Please write a sequel to this story. Thank you very much. I really appreciated it and liked it a lot.
6/15/2020 c1 Eljin1
nah was bril. such a stupid, abuseable mechanic.
5/4/2020 c1 Jekke604
Lol

Though as an answer to why the magical contract doesn't make sense, ever considered that Harry may have been fed false information? Hermione wouldn't really question it since the ministry and Dumbledore both agreed with it.
I know it's not a perfect explanation but it makes sense.

Anyway good representation of the dangers of involentary magical contracts.

Grts Jekke604
4/29/2020 c1 7HarryPotterFangirl85
Interesting
3/1/2020 c1 Guest
I love it. As an attorney I have been appalled at the liberty JKR has taken with one of the premier institutions the world has ever seen. The foundation of western civilization has been built on the notions of civil justice begun with the Magnacharta which began the evolution of British common law. It is the Notion that the King no longer owns the lives of it's subjects with no restrictions. the vulgar notion of F.U.C.K. "fornication under consent of the king" whether real or an urban legend died with that document. Contracts REQUIRE actual consent from both parties. ALL CONTRACTS must have real consideration from both parties. The "pepper-corn" theory of contract consideration is another fatality of modern contract law. Minors DO NOT have capacity to inter into a contract. Another pet peeve of mine is the notion of "joint wills". They do not exist in western common law and are considered VOID on their face. An non-rebuttable presumption of UNDUE INFLUANCE is immediately attached in court. Reciprocal will of a married couple are not included in this presumption. They are separate documents and witnessed separately. In my practice my jurisdiction requires two sworn witnesses to a will. When a couple comes to me for wills I make sure they are in agreement and I also require that each individuals will is witnessed by two different witnesses from their partner's document to prevent any hint of undue influence.
10/19/2019 c1 Rune Tobor
I agree, JKR came up with some wacko ideas.
What was she drinking/shooting up/smoking?

One of her problems was she tried to force a yearly update.
One book a year, it does not leave time to get things right.
She also made the classic mistake of changing horses in mid stream.
Book One was a children's book, a tale told for small kids.
The last books were much more adult, torture and death!
But trying to change like this is very very very hard to do right.
Experienced Authors don't do it.

Still this was fun, so thanks again.

I've bookmarked this in firefox, I'll log in and fave it later.
49 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »