for Harry Potter and the Power of Two

9/8/2018 c11 Guest
AN: I apologise for the long delay in uploading a new chapter. I had hit a dry spell in this story, but thankfully, I now have the entire scene mapped out. It will be easier to write the story now that I know how it's going to proceed. Sorry for keeping you all waiting. I assure you that I haven't abandoned this fic. Thank you for your patience.

Well considering you haven't updated for almost a year, should we readers presume that you have abandoned it?
9/2/2018 c11 Hainbuche
bin mir nicht sicher ob ich schon mal reingelesen habe, aber ich mag deine geschichte sehr und warte gespannt auf ein neues kapitel. und warte gespannt auf was sirus alles an erpressungsmaterial ausgraben konnte. lg hayne
8/25/2018 c6 Jim Red Hawk
The prophet got it wrong. If you are fired, you cannot resign. If you resign, you cannot be fired. It is one or the other, not both.

JimS
8/16/2018 c1 Vampireking40
I think this is how all the twin story should have gone. Except this is the only story written that has Harry and his twin hailed as the boys who lived. All the others stories always have the other twin hailed and most of those times Harry ends up a snake and adopted sometimes by Malfoy.
8/3/2018 c11 tanvee
UPDATE! PLEASE!
7/20/2018 c11 Bthuney5499
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE THIS STORY! YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME THIS IS JUST TOO GOOD!
7/14/2018 c11 Kyle W Lee
Are you going update it soon?
6/23/2018 c11 Guest
No sane parent would allow their child anywhere near Hogwarts after being subjected to a confundus by the Headmaster and forced to face a Voldemort-possessed wizard.

In fact, most parents wouldn't allow their children to go to Hogwarts, given the Headmaster's unnatural interest in said children. Then there is the fact that a family enemy teaches there.

This is why the story fails: the actions of the Potters aren't rational.

If you really needed the twins at Hogwarts, you'd have to have Dumbledore either dead or ousted as Headmaster, Snape dismissed or dead, and write a story that doesn't touch on the stations of canon.
6/16/2018 c11 nils123
Nice story waiting for next chapter
6/6/2018 c9 Ghstwolf62
In response to your author's note.
I disagree with you that James and Lily would not leave the country to protect their children. I think they would do anything to protect them. What parent wouldn't?

Now I don't say that is the course of action they would take but dismissing it out of hand is wrong. Having raised two children there is nothing I wouldn't do to protect them.

As to the kids not liking it that's why they are kids and James and Lily are their parents. Not everything their parents do is going to be met with approval by their children in life.

Also if the homeschooling option was chosen why would it be that farfetched that their friends wouldn't join them? Maybe a group of them could be homeschooled together is as done in real life.
6/6/2018 c8 Ghstwolf62
I think you should have had James stand up and refuse to send his children anyway. Then declare this legislation as an attack on the Potter family and Dumbledore as an enemy of the Potters from this day forward.

Maybe have him threaten him if he ever comes near his children again. "You come near my children ever again and I'll kill you"

Dumbledore likes his manipulations but they only work if those being manipulated allow it. This certainly could be considered an attack on an Ancient and Noble house as it was exactly that. If you had the Blacks, Greengrasses, Longbottoms and Bones etc stand up and refuse to send their children also you'd have an issue in the Wizengamut for sure.

What would Dumbledore do then? James still holds his seats as does Lily and it would give them years to actually get the law repealed.

Maybe you need this for plot reasons but it does get old how easily people put up with the crap instead of standing up and saying F you.
6/3/2018 c11 1Jimbocous
Good stuff! Especially the concept of them as brothers who get along, and with parents that haven't favoured one over the other due to the prophecy. (Really tired of that whole trope)
I can't wait to see what kind of revenge James and Sirius come up with to hit Dumbles back with. What he did is an act of war, holding the kids hostage. I have this vision of them with glamours that say "hostage" upon their foreheads, which knock anyone who tries to dispel them on their butts:)
Thanks for a great read so far, and I hope you'll be able to get back into this one soon.
5/30/2018 c11 Guest
Wow - nice story! I hope you finish it! I enjoy seeing Harry as part of a whole family. I've always wondered how things would have turned out if Harry had been raised by the Marauders. Throwing an identical twin into the mix only makes things better! Lily, James and Sirius are well-characterized. I like how you are developing them as well. This is a very good effort and I hope you will continue!
5/26/2018 c11 2Queen-Marauders
Please update love this so much!
5/26/2018 c11 ssd602