for Is Uglies an utopia?

9/4 c1 zzbN7
Veri n1c3bdJst0ri8s
7/12 c1 movedaccountssamename
In theory, I can see how it could be a "utopia" if one ignores the brain dead bubblies who are just partying it up in New Pretty Town. But when it comes to the middle aged pretties (only ones I think we are introduced to is Tally's parents) they aren't that much better. They don't have lofty views of saving the planet, humanity, don't worry about what could happen if the society around them were to crumble. Everyone who has the operation is vapid and yes self centered but through no fault of their own. It's the damn lesions on their brain that causes their thinking and views to be warped.

Sure, when I first read the series, before I knew about the lesions. I still wanted to be a Pretty (mind you, I was 13 and got bullied for being ugly and was insecure and stuff, so of course I'd jump at the chance to be beautiful and perfect, even with the lesions). But I digress.

I would love to discuss this more with you if you'd like. It's rare to see a discussion topic for a series, so I am on board for it
4/4/2017 c1 Selene Moon
I have to agree with you there. I hated the ending of Specials, and I didn't like Extras any better. I think this line from Terminator 2 explains society perfectly.

"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves."

At least in Tally's society, before the mindrain at least, no one is destroying anything.

Except, of course, the Smokies.

They cut down and burn trees, kill animals for food, aND yes, all

Desktop/Tablet Mode . Blog . Twitter . Help . Sign Up  Top