for Taking The Blade

6/3/2019 c1 travisismycat584
this was beautifully written. left me wanting more.
6/24/2017 c10 6Daxxers
Nice.
5/17/2017 c2 28Jaya Avendel
I love daddy Drizzt. But I do not like that Cattie-Brie is his wife or the fact that he has a daughter. But these reasons are purely personal.
4/19/2017 c9 1dekuton
I just read this all the way through. it was wonderful. you captured cattie-brie and drizzt perfectly. their children are adorable and have so much damn potential. somebody get r on the phone. for real.
4/15/2017 c5 Daxxers
OMG. What would be worse/better? Two like Zak, or two like Vi? (I guess a "one-size-fits-all" parenting style doesn't work.) Great family dynamics!
4/9/2017 c2 Guest
Drizzt is unknowingly turning into his mother (minus the evil).
4/3/2017 c2 2Vela513
I love your quote! It's so powerful, I'll have to remember that for myself! Or get a wall placard of it. Where did you hear that one?

Ha! I like how at the end Drizzt is all Shoot Shoot I forgot Vi!

I love your stories, but I keep imagining that Drizzt would constantly be comparing his parenting style against how he was raised and double checking himself on everything. Then probably remembering how Mooshie went about teaching him stuff and remembering how Bruenor raised Cattie-brie herself and trying to emulate them and their styles instead. I can't see how he'd have any other practice/experience otherwise...

Would he be constantly/occasionally looking for his sisters in his daughter? or his father or brother in his son?

I loved Zak's 180 there, 'can I look for snakes?' and Drizzt's reaction to it! Also: that poor snake! It must've liked something about Zak, to keep following him like that! (I'd just read something separate about if a wizard summoned a familiar, sometimes it'd take a week to show up and the wizard would meet it then. Can you imagine the hardship looking at everything and wondering 'are you it?!' So I was wondering if Zak was a sorcerer or something who inadvertently 'called' the snake to him. But then he killed it. Ooops. I really hope he makes amends!)
I was a little surprised Drizzt didn't insist that the snake was now dinner, no-senseless-killing and all that, but, it was explained in-story, so that was good!
That bit of theology was interesting, how Drizzt was clearly uncomfortable trying to speak about deities and such, was that a throwback to how he denounced Lolth to leave the Underdark and always had someone else shove religion at him and didn't want to potentially recreate that with his children? I kinda imagine he'd leave the spiritual upbringing to their mother.

That'd be kinda interesting to see how Catti-brie and Drizzt divide the parental duties... considering how they had different upbringing themselves: human Catti-brie by a male Dwarf King and Drizzt by an evil race, but also one that had distinct gender-role bias, much different then what is common where he lives now and where his children live.

How much does Drizzt tell them of their heritage? He taught them some words, obviously...
4/2/2017 c1 Vela513
Uh oh! Violet, don't do it! She's so naughty! Poor Zak. Please say he's jumped up on a chair!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service