FanFiction.Net
for Never Take For Granted

4/20/2017 c1 2Elise Deschat
Great story...that day, like Pearl Harbor, or surviving a crime or escaping a terrible accident makes you appreciate little things taken for granted...
4/6/2017 c1 Helenem
What an amazing story you've given us. The amount of detail is really something. More importantly, you've evoked the feelings that each of them were experiencing as they saw everything, and how when all was said and done, Steve and Jeannie realized that trivial things are unimportant. I did laugh at Steve and Jeannie separating over a sink, my parents almost broke up over a loaf of bread! I'm so glad you've started writing again, you've been missed!
4/6/2017 c1 44EKWTSM9
Glad you put in the caveat about stretching the timeline here a little - because, gosh, Mike would be over hundred - and still working...? Even Rudy would be really really old.

You certainly have done your homework on the sites and ceremonies and even the surrounding areas - well done! And a second work so close to the first - good on ya!
4/6/2017 c1 1Sylvia Elaine
Gosh, another story from you and so soon. You're like a British bus. We wait ages for one to come and then two arrive together! LOL. Can we expect another story from you soon I wonder? They do say all good things come in three's.

This story was most unusual in that it required a fair bit of imagination to move our trio on 40 years or so but, in a strange way, you managed to make it work. You obviously did a great deal of research into the 9/11 memorials and, as a stalwart American, it clearly means a great deal to you. We all remember that day. It will be etched in our memories forever. So many atrocities then and since and what for? It's so very sad. I learnt a great deal of the memorials from your story.

You had me intrigued by the row and separation between Jeannie and Steve. Two months apart had me thinking it must have been over something really bad and I wondered if Steve's roving eye and his love for the ladies had got him into deep trouble, then to find it was all over a bathroom sink had me chuckling. Steve's learnt more than one valuable lesson from that trip to New York and so has Jeannie. Time together is so precious. Don't waste a minute of it.

A very enjoyable story. Thank you.
4/5/2017 c1 Guest
Very thought provoking story. I love the end to find out the marriage issue was all over a sink.
Hope to see more from you soon
4/5/2017 c1 Nans
Wonderful tale you have spun!
Well written.
Thank you for sharing.
4/5/2017 c1 Tony Robbertsen
Again an excellent story from your hand.
That day no one want ever forget.
Yes take your loved ones never for granted, cause one day you could might regret it.
Remember the good things of one another and you will find your way back to each other like Jeannie and Steve did.
4/5/2017 c1 Amanda England
Well I liked the ending it made me laugh.

I am hoping to go to New York in the future and I would like to visit the 911 site. I am trying to save up for the trip it would be my first time abroad and reading your story I did not know that there was so much there to see, Thank you for this story I enjoyed it.
4/5/2017 c1 39dublin writer
Wow! Another story from you and so quickly. You are on a roll. A very interesting tale that remembers all those precious lives lost so tragically on that fateful day and the fact that you've weaved our favourite characters into the story made it all the better. You certainly did your research at Ground Zero and made their whole trip very believable and interesting to read. Nicely finished by Steve and Jeannie getting back together much to Mike's delight. And I hope Jeannie has learned from her emotional trip not to let trivial things like a bathroom sink break up a marraige. An original tale, nicely told. Well done.