for The Collaborator

10/8/2017 c10 54Animorphgirl
Great to see some backstory! Interesting that Carla's infestation was almost nothing like Tobias', but I suppose that different leaders manage things differently. Is it a coincidence that Carla's first paid job after McDonalds ended up being at a pizza place, and Taken mentioned Silrin's favorite pizza flavor? :) Was Carla hired by a former voluntary host, or a nothlit, or just someone who that awful woman never got to approach him/her? I am also a little curious about what Carla did for volunteering before she got hired. I imagine it was something like working at a soup kitchen. Anyway, good luck with your move, and hope to read more once you get your Internet working and your house in order!
10/8/2017 c9 Animorphgirl
Very interesting and powerful chapter. I enjoyed that Kalran and Alniss realized that Carla needed to learn more about the Peace Movement before dismissing it entirely, and had the sensitivity to 1) make sure that Alniss was there for support and 2) have the other Yeerks not be around the apartment. I sort of wonder about just how large the movement was by the end of the war. Obviously, with Aftran being a nothlit humpback whale, Visser Three was unable to retrieve any information from her-nor, presumably, any other Yeerks within the movement. As of #29, there were over a hundred members, so I imagine there could be at least a thousand by the end of the war, but they hardly seem to be a majority. Then again, maybe a lot of the Yeerks with Taxxon hosts joined after being denied the morphing power. The lack of the movement's role in the later books was one of the major disappointments in the series for me, so whatever you choose to do with their history (and future story!) should be an interesting read!
10/1/2017 c9 Groovej
I wonder how Carla feels about the yeerks that did go about abusing their hosts, or others. There were after all many examples in the books. Or the families and relationships torn up by the yeerks. The many killed by controllers.
9/27/2017 c8 Animorphgirl
Always a joy to be able to read a new chapter of this story! Very heartwarming chapter. It's nice to see Carla and Alniss bond, and you can tell that talking about Silrin is as good for Alniss as it is for Carla. Hoping to read another installment soon.
7/16/2017 c7 Animorphgirl
I was so happy to see an update. I was afraid you had abandoned this fic...or had been busy with plans over the summer. :) Anyway, great and very interesting chapter. I take it that Carla was originally voluntary because the Yeerks promised to help her with her alcoholism? As far as the peace movement goes, I don't think they were a huge factor in the Yeerks losing, but it's been years since I read the last few books. I much prefer fan fiction! Glad that Carla was able to get volunteer work. Are we going to hear more about that in the next chapter or so? Anyway, hope to see another update soon.
5/21/2017 c6 Anyigirl
Hey

A very good chapter, i like Carlas background and her conversation with Alniss. Please more!
5/21/2017 c6 Animorphgirl
I really enjoyed this chapter, and it helped to see more of Carla's backstory. I would be cautious using terms like "willpower", though. Alcoholism is a disease, and recovery takes way more than just willpower-a community, for one thing. Anyway, I hope you add more soon.
5/7/2017 c5 Guest
Another great, and very sweet, chapter. The decorations sound pretty typical of Yeerk sense of beauty, which was a nice flashback to #19. Looking forward to the next installment!
5/7/2017 c5 9Oddity Empress
Wow. I love your concept. Never really thought of what would happen to those that were willing.
5/3/2017 c4 Anyigirl
Yeah a Story with a good human -yeerk-relationship in the POV of a ex-volontary-Controller!, i love the plot but why does Carla hates her own species so much?.
Silrins death cant be the only reason.
Alniss seems to be a very good friend in the need and Tafnik too .

There should be much more storys from good yeerks and /or their hosts.
Please keep on writing!
5/1/2017 c4 FLESH Weinthal
I just finished chapter 4 and I must say that this is the best Fan-Fic I've ever read. I'm looking forward to reading what's to come. Kharina1990, keep on writing, this is a very good story. :)
4/30/2017 c4 54Animorphgirl
Another great and insightful chapter. Glad we heard a little more of Carla's backstory, like what happened to her Yeerk. Still hoping for more information as the story progresses. Anyway, hope to see another update soon!
4/26/2017 c3 Animorphgirl
I'm really enjoying this story so far. I don't think there are too many about voluntary Controllers after the war! It's great to see another Yeerk/nothlit appear in the latest chapter, and it makes sense how Alniss would be so eager to made sure that Carla is doing okay-even at her own personal expense. You mentioned that Yeerks could only become nothlits within the last 14 months. Were they expected to remain in their Yeerk form for the nearly 4 years beforehand? If so, how did they prevent infestation? I'm also looking forward to seeing where Alniss and-I expect-some of her other Yeerk/nothlit friends live. These aren't questions I expect you to answer within the next chapter, but I hope you will give us more details about the Yeerk history (as well as Carla's) before you finish this story. Hope you update soon!
4/24/2017 c3 FLESH Weinthal
Amazing story! Please continue, I'd love to see how this plays out. :)
4/19/2017 c2 5YPM-33-KI
Another good chapter, I say. I like how Carla just can’t seem to keep Silrin out of her thoughts for any length of time, despite the pain that such thoughts cause her.

By the way, do you plan to give any details of Carla’s life before/during the war? I for one am curious as to how Carla got involved with the Yeerks in the first place, among other things.
122 « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »