for Children of Wand and Atom

7/6/2017 c1 NakedFury
Oh god the cliche with Prof Xavier knowing them is hard to stomach. Not only that but you also use the we were friends trope without impunity.

Oh Hey Harry I was friends with your parents and if it wasnt because you are a mitant I wouldnt really give a shit about you. Yea I knew Perunia was a bitch but like I said you werent a mutant so I didnt care about you at all. I was only friends with your parents not you dub!

That is how it loooks.

Please fix this lame introduction. This is like pretty much every friend of Harrys parent only coming to him once he is useful, like Remus.
7/6/2017 c5 Djberneman
I wonder if his claws are able to be mentally coated with basilisk venom or Phoenix tears
7/6/2017 c5 3ObsessedWithHPFanFic
Good chapter and it's great that Charles and the other mutants are aware of Harry's life and history. Thanks for sharing!
7/6/2017 c5 TimothyB
Really liked the chapter. I hope you update soon!
7/6/2017 c5 ImaginativeFury
This felt like a wasted opportunity to use even if from the sidelines, the already canon established american magical schools. Doesnt mean he was gonna attend but options should have been given or mentioned because while Strange may be accomodating I doubt he will drop everything to teach Harry and some convenient system could be to have an american magical school give out home teaching material to Xavier.

You need more details and descriptions about the locations the characters are at. This reads too much like a script with a very bare minimum of details.

This chapter could have also been folded into the last one as it brings nothing of meat to the story.
7/6/2017 c4 ImaginativeFury
ugh this scene could have gone better. The part about Hermoine felt like should have happened sooner(at least in canon) but Harry acting like that was very out of character and exaggerated. The wording of Oliver scolding her should be reworked because it reads weird as well.

Mutants to wizards could be seen as people with crazy bloodlines or magic acting in strange ways. Not about freakyness.

Just like being a Parselmouth could have been seen as a variation of animal speaking or something similar.
Shapeshifters or metamorphmagus the same.
animagus as well for those animal looking mutants.

Some of your grammar reads wrong and is missing words:
"How it should be at the Institute?" should be "How will it be at the Institute?"

That in the context is written wrong.

You still have problems with conversations. They just dont read natural.
7/6/2017 c3 ImaginativeFury
The opening scene also needs rework.

Why would Xavier think he knowing Harrys parent would make him give a shit? The guy, like Remus and just about every single of his parents friends, never bothered before and now they are coming like bees to honey.

Why the fuck would Xavier think Harry died? Just about every single fucking wizard on the planet knew Harry as the Boy who fucking lived less than an hour after the event.

Fucking plot hole.

Also in the previous chapter you had him talk with Strange about Harry so the excuse doesn't work. This needs super reworking.

You are using too many fucking coincidences in the story and we are about three chapters in.

Still the conversation at the start is too contrive. Doesnt flow well and for introductions to mutanthood Xavier dropped the ball. Check some comics to see how he actually introduce potential students.
7/6/2017 c2 ImaginativeFury
Xaviers conversation felt forced and very Out of Character. Xavier doesn't snort. HE raises an eyebrow and looks you with contempt or pure disbelief.

That little bashing scene felt very soapbox opera part.

There are also some grammar mistakes here and there but nothing utterly bad, except that scene I mentioned.
7/6/2017 c1 ImaginativeFury
Too convenient.
Xaviers already having know the Wizarding World can be accepted. There being a previous wizard/mutant at Hogwarts can also be accepted since it could happen.

That wizard/mutant being Oliver Woods? Very very interesting choice and very good that it is not one of the most common characters. Good choice.

Xavier conveniently knowing and being friends with not only Dumbledore, can be accepted, but also Lily and James Potter and being close friends? This borders too much on author forced plot device and too damn convenient. Very cliche.

Xavier knowing Petunia and how she is, also super cliche and just again bad. The suspension of disbelief to read the story is being strained by all these very "coincidental" events.

This smells of badly used cliches and just convenient setup.
7/6/2017 c5 Gime'SS
thanks for the update
6/21/2017 c4 1automaton14
I like your plot and characterizations. I think your dialogue and general "how the characters thinkact" is a bit rough. It makes your interactions appear to be very choppy and contrived.
6/6/2017 c2 7Jazzilynn Hall
Chameleon is Tonks, am I right?
5/18/2017 c4 58randomplotbunny
Loved seeing Hermione put in her place! And Harry is going to love the Institute!
5/18/2017 c4 7Dark Serpent Cat
So where does this fall in X-Men evolution timeline?
5/18/2017 c4 3ObsessedWithHPFanFic
Good chapter and Oliver is quite outspoken on his opinions of Hermione. It's good that Harry took the advice and reviewed his memories of her. Thanks for sharing!
86 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »