for Listen To Your Heart

8/29/2017 c2 33augiesannie
Another great chapter. Loved the deft transition to Georg's POV. And Elsa is more intriguing than ever, with her role in managing Georg and his grief. I also liked Georg's reflections on the tired old cliches about grief. Oh and in this and the last chapter I forgot to say how much I liked seeing the blue dress 3
8/29/2017 c1 augiesannie
Hey! Obviously I should have reviewed this when it came out - during my long review hiatus - but I am really enjoying reading it. And already intrigued by the total reinvention of Elsa. (Also liked the way you anchored the story with familiar markers, but gave us a little more - like Maria singing because she coudln't sing in the Abbey.). I know I was bad to be reading and reviewing so late, but lucky me, it means m ore chapters ahead!
7/7/2017 c6 24charleybec
Yay for an update (sorry I'm slow on the uptake...) I liked how this scene was so similar to the original yet so different with Georg saving Gretl but it still paved the way for the famous argument. Loved it!
7/6/2017 c6 59gothicbutterfly95
Wonderful.
Loved the summary of the growing relationship between Georg and the children, and Maria and Georg's parallel thoughts on what the other might be doing when they weren't around. The scene between them on the balcony was great.
But that re-purposed rowboat scene was utterly brilliant. In this situation, inadvertently putting them in danger is the perfect way to get to the argument and the singing. And I loved how the argument was ever so slightly different - you can tell they've known each other a lot longer.
Hope it's up from here.
7/5/2017 c6 73UndoubtedlyTheWine
Loved the moment between Georg and Maria on the terrace and the slight twist you added to the rowboat scene. Very excited to know what happens next. Update soon :)
7/5/2017 c6 Guest
Please update soon! That's some cliffhanger there! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
7/4/2017 c6 35lemacd
this is a very interesting reworking of the familiar, love it. I especially love that G admits to enjoying her company and wishing Max and Elsa weren't returning. So close and yet not close enough for Maria to know. G rescuing Gretl and Elsa taking her in her arms was an interesting picture... more maternal than I would ever give her credit for having but I'm always game for making Elsa warmer because I think she has super potential to be. In fact, I think her bravado is a huge cover for how insecure and vulnerable she feels (even though she can hold her own with anyone gah, love her so much). Wait, that's not even the point, I'm rambling...

glad you updated.
7/4/2017 c6 8IDontKnowYourSignal
Oh, just when I thought Maria had got through to the Captain, you throw in the rowboat scene and it seems like they're back at square one...
The scene on the terrace was lovely. You have an amazing way of creating small, wistful moments for the Captain that remind us how desperately he still misses Agathe. It's done so well - just a gentle ebb and flow between the Captain slowly warming up to a world without Agathe, but then a memory will find its way to the surface, and for a moment he's surrounded by sadness. The swift anecdote was so simple, yet so poignant.
I'm hoping that when the Captain sees the children singing for Elsa he'll forgive Maria like he did in the movie. But so far, you've managed to turn everything on its head, so I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst...
7/3/2017 c6 Maria
Oh dear. Please update soon! I want to know what happens!
7/3/2017 c6 Maria88
I love this story! Please UP date soon!
7/3/2017 c6 eve1993
How I wish now this would've happened in the movie instead! Georg diving in to save Gretl. I've never come across a similar scene like that in any other fan fiction. That was brilliant! The thought never even crossed my mind Georg could've dived in as well. This made it all the more interesting. I love how you twist and turn certain scenes and sentences from the movie, that's very clever writing. Also I do like Elsa in this story, that's a surprise as well for me. This update was definitely worth the wait, I just hope you won't let us wait that long for the next chapter. ;) But I know all too well how real life can get in the way. Thanks for writing this story, I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
6/26/2017 c5 Maria
I love it!
6/18/2017 c5 SOM fan
Keep writing! For updates, I will suggest that the Captain and Maria's relationship will grow as the story progresses. Good luck!
6/9/2017 c5 MsLizzie regrets
Great story!
6/8/2017 c5 24charleybec
Loving Georg softening up and the, oh so delicious, relationship that is slowing forming between Georg and Maria. Nice chapter!
67 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »