for Listen To Your Heart

4/23/2017 c3 sandilane
Super job. Weĺ done. Looking forward to what you write next.
4/22/2017 c3 eve1993
Apologies again that I didn't comment any sooner. Real life got in the way...
Never thought I'd say this, but I really love Elsa in this story. That was a total surprise! What a ravalation. She had such a big role in the 3 first chapters, she really cares a lot about him (as she does in the movie). Max was his usual -charming sponge-self.
The next chapter will definitely be interesting to say the least. Can't wait what their first encounter will be like as they haven't really talked so far. The weeks that are coming, when Max and Elsa go back to Vienna, will no doubt be entertaining too!
As with all your other stories, I never know where you're taking it next. I love that! Thanks for posting a new story and hopefully I can comment sooner when you post the next chapter. ;) Take care!
4/17/2017 c3 35lemacd
amazing. you are reinventing these characters and this story and yet it is still all in character. well, not Elsa so much, you have certainly brought out a practical side and got rid of the cat... for now. I understand her seeing Maria as their last chance at reaching him, but I can't help but wonder if things are "too" good when she returns from Vienna that she won't rue helping Maria feel so welcome.

But the part that keeps it in SOM character is how Maria wants to help, is desperate to have a roll somewhere, to matter to someone...

great job nicky
4/17/2017 c3 8IDontKnowYourSignal
Great update - some of my questions now have answers!
I'm still loving your Elsa! Now that we know her motives for being so kind to Maria, I like her even more.
Poor Maria is certainly being loaded up with responsibilities thanks to Elsa and the children. Let's hope she doesn't stop to think about it too much - it would overwhelm most of us!
The Captain has found something that's got his attention and broken through his malaise...and she's knocking at his study door! Yay!
Can't wait for the next chapter - I love meetings between the Captain and Maria in the study...but I'm wondering if you're still twisting the story, and if so, will this get twisted!
4/16/2017 c3 59gothicbutterfly95
Very good.
Like I said, different but the same.
Georg sending the children off to boarding school is not something we've really heard before, but it is interesting and does raise the stakes all round. Especially with the children.
Max and Georg together were awesome, and I really love Elsa filling Frau Schmidt's role.
4/16/2017 c2 gothicbutterfly95
Brilliant.
Since Franz was MIA when she arrived, Maria mistaking Max for the Captain was great. Then rattling off her head about sea captains and whistles was absolutely genius!
Georg's thoughts were great. He knows what he's doing is wrong, but he just can't bring himself to do anything more. And of course how young and pretty the new governess is. I think Elsa may be indeed right in him liking Maria.
And, even though it was only a moment, loved that we see Maria's thoughts and reactions to a whistle.
I wonder how their talk will go.
4/16/2017 c1 gothicbutterfly95
Interesting start.
This certainly seems like one of those stories that is so incredibly different, but also so similar.
I enjoyed Elsa bringing Maria up to speed with everything in the house and being so gentle about it.
And Maria seeing Georg out the window. Hmm...
4/16/2017 c3 Honkytonkangel
Still a totally awesome story, even though this new nice version of Elsa is seriously starting to freak me out. It's like invasion of the body snatchers and the pod people have made her into Frau Schmidt LOL. But she's very cool and it's so sweet to see how much she cares about Georg and the kids (love how another part you've flipped is it's Georg who wants to send them to boarding school and that Elsa talked him out of it).
I feel so bad for Georg I just wanna put my arms around him (and at the same time try and control my naughty thoughts of how HOT he is).
Love that he has taken an interest in Maria though, so at least there's hope that she CAN help him.
Love too that the kids have let Maria in and are opening up to her, though their tricks are funny and it would've been interesting to see what else they came up with, I think it's cool that they want to find another way.
Lastly love that Maria is so determined to help them because it's heart-breaking to see them (and Georg) so lost.
I can't wait to see what happens next.
4/16/2017 c3 24charleybec
I'm enjoying your story, Nicky and I do love your Baroness. Great work!
4/16/2017 c3 1callumrogers7
BRAVO! - This story gets more intriguing by the minute. It makes sense that Captain vT would suffer with depression & maybe think of suicide but I'm sure Maria will be the one to snap him out it. She certainly seems to have caught his attention at the very least. I like that Elsa is constantly advising Maria on the quiet & using her as an 'ally' too although I wonder whether Elsa is harbouring some romantic feelings for CvT as she's already admitted to envying his relationship with Agathe. And it's another good twist that CvT is thinking of sending the children to boarding school & it's Elsa who has persuaded him otherwise. Hope you update real soon. Hehe! I'm eager to read more.
4/16/2017 c3 73UndoubtedlyTheWine
Wow! An update already! Love you for giving such quick updates ;)

Great chapter but I really wanted Maria and Captain to meet. I know that they will in the next chapter but anyway. Ha! I really can't imagine Elsa to be so soft spoken and kind and warm. Don't take it in the wrong sense... I am enjoying every bit of her new characterization :) I actually loved how the Captain wants to send his Children to the boarding School not Elsa. I also liked that part where Kurt said "We are tired of being bad" Poor little dears :( I am sure the next chapters are going to be very interesting with Max and Elsa absent. Very eager to know how the meeting between Maria and the Captain goes. So update soon please ;)
4/16/2017 c2 CoolFicBro
Super interesting first couple of chapters! There are only so many ways fics can explore the canon story so it's always fun to see someone taking a totally new approach. I'm generally not a fan of Elsa, but I'm really enjoying this version of her you've created; I can't help but feel she's up to something, although perhaps a good something... I've always assumed that Georg had depression following Agathe's death and it's, in my opinion, a criminally (although maybe understandably) under-explored part of the story, so I hope you look into it further. With Georg already feeling as worthless as he does, Maria getting close to the children might serve just to make him feel even more lost. That said, he does seem to have taken a shine to Maria already, and she to him which is just delightful... I have no idea what direction you're taking this, but I can't wait to find out :)
4/14/2017 c2 Jayne
Was happy to see your name again! Ever the brilliant writer, can't wait to read more.
4/15/2017 c2 8IDontKnowYourSignal
Totally fascinated by this story and where you're taking us!
Elsa has almost assumed the role of being Maria's big sister - I can't help wondering why? Or perhaps I should stop assuming the poor woman must always have ulterior motives...
The Captain is so depressed and his behaviour has been so erratic lately that Elsa has been on constant watch over him. This doesn't sound good at all...
But the Captain seems to have taken an early interest in Maria, so that's a good sign!
Love the originality, love that I'm desperate to find out more (and soon!).
PS I also concur that the Captain's rear view is an extremely attractive one!
4/15/2017 c2 73UndoubtedlyTheWine
I am quite intrigued about the relationship the Captain has with Elsa. "She never let him out of sight..."
Maria was charming as ever... loved her comment about the whistle and I could see that the children have already started liking her. I love this story coz I find it really unpredictable. Leaves me eager to read more... please update soon :)

And yeah, I agree the Captain does look good from back. I would say that he looks attractive from any angle :D
67 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »