for Listen To Your Heart

4/14/2017 c2 35lemacd
first of all, I think the Captain can look VERY attractive from behind... but on with the review:

so, along with the nap thing, Maria and I share a similar penchant for stepping in it. And she stepped in it big. I love this so much. I love how she is not perfect, quite imperfect really, but we can still see that her intentions are good and her heart is pure. Max is a bit oily, isn't he? but a charming sponge. I can't quite figure out Elsa. I am a founding member of the BFC so I love any story where I can cheer for her. But she doesn't seem very put off by Maria's appeal and even jokes that the Captain likes her.

Georg has depression, and... suicidal tendencies? That's also a very different kind of angle for SOM fics. I think it could be a very interesting thread of a story. Looking forward to seeing where that goes. Maybe I'm reading too much into what he said about Elsa not letting him out of his sight... eager to find out more about that relationship, too. So much to love about this story. Well done, you!
4/14/2017 c1 lemacd
omgomgomg I love this so much! An alliance b/w Maria and Elsa? This Maria is a BOSS! from the very start, this is refreshingly different; she leaves the convent in relief, doesn't need to muster confidence, she has it in spades! And despite turning the movie's opening scene on their heads, there is enough for us to still see our beloved musical in there. a little nap... I try that all the time. even as I say it I know I'm going to end up sleep more than I intend. This will not go well for her first night.

Nicky, you are a genius.
4/14/2017 c2 Honkytonkangel
Loving the story so far. It's so cool how you've taken the plot and kinda kept it true to the original but turned it completely upside down at the same time.
Not sure of the Rev Mother motivation for not wanting Maria to enjoy experiencing life outside the convent when she seems to see and understand that it's not suited to her personality, but I LOVE that Maria is so excited about being free instead of scared.
It's also cool that Max and Elsa are already around and trying to take care of things for Georg.
My absolute (joint) FAVOURITE part is what you've done with Elsa.
I LOVE how she is with the kids and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE (did I mention LOVE? LOL) that she was the first to meet Maria and that she has almost straight away taken her under her wing and whatever she can to help and try to make her comfortable.
It's weird to see her so loving and caring (and it's rare, but cool, for me to read a story where I don't wanna punch her in the face).
I hope she and Maria do become friends. I think they could be hilarious together LOL.
Lastly LOVE the meeting of Maria and Georg (my other favourite part).
It's sweet and kinda funny that he's so captain-like but still a man when it comes to his reaction to her, and even though I felt bad for Maria that she was so embarrassed, that was kinda sweet too.
I think I'm done rambling now so I'll just say I can't wait to see what happens next.
4/13/2017 c1 8IDontKnowYourSignal
Oh, I love that you've taken the beginning of the original story, but given it so many little twists that it's actually quite different. You've very successfully turned parts of the story on their head. Very clever!
You've given Elsa so much warmth and personality - so far, I think I might actually like her! Bless her, she's even doing her best to prepare Maria for her first meeting with the Captain, making certain that he'll approve of the new governess over dinner.
I may even be feeling sorry for Elsa at this stage...we all know the Captain can't resist Maria when she's wearing a blue dress! But, is this one of the parts of the original story that's about to get turned on it's head?
Can't wait for the next chapter. Loving it so far!
4/13/2017 c1 16Juliefreak133
Oh Maria Ahah I love this story already! What a wonderful first chapter.
4/12/2017 c1 73UndoubtedlyTheWine
This was a great read - very different from the original plot. Elsa was so kind and warm :o
But I like it. Can't wait for Maria and the Captain to meet. Very eager to read next chapter. Please update soon :)
4/12/2017 c1 1callumrogers7
GREAT start - Not too way out at all. I love it when someone rips up the plot & recreates the story in an original & refreshing way, which you are definitely doing. This 1st chapter has me hooked already & I'm expecting something special :) I like that the Baroness is the first one to meet Maria & that she is building up a rapport with her in a good way for a change. Also with Elsa kind of vetting Maria & giving her a pretty dress to wear, it sets up the scene for dinner nicely as I'm sure Maria minus the ugly dress will make one hell of an impression on the Captain. It's a nice twist that the Rev Mother is sending Maria to the vTs in the hope that she won't enjoy what the world has to offer & will go back to the abbey desperate to take her vows too. Can't wait for more.
67 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5