for A Different Shade of Potter

I like it
4/28 c1 Pteaset
Love ti
12/17/2020 c4 bkerrmom1
I am looking forward to seeing what comes next ! Will you be able to add a new chapter after the test?
11/12/2020 c3 nurray
While there are elements in this story I quite like, you have John doing too much, with Harry and Hermione being quite passive during it all. You have John being irate over the treatment Luna is getting, but no mention of Harry being angry, which I think he would be, nor Hermione being appalled at what had happened to Luna. They appear to be just watching John, which gives the feel of a self-insert fic.

I can understand needing to develop John amongst a set of existing characters but I think you concentrated too much on John and need to spread the action and reactions out to Harry and Hermione to an extent. Also you have John being 'too comfortable' with Hogwarts. There should be some confusion for John as too what to do, for example when Luna is discovered with the boils, John should have asked what can we do, she needs medical help. Hermione could have responded that we need to take Luna to Pomfrey. Luna objects and the story continues on. Or something of a similar nature.

You also need to handle that John is in Slytherin and Malfoy will have something to say about that. Particularly John hanging around with harry and Co. This has not been addressed, I would think Harry would ask if John is okay and if Malfoy et al is being a problem.

I look forward to seeing where this story goes.
11/9/2020 c4 Clive54
Good story and a pleasure to read.
11/8/2020 c4 LtsHrIt4ThBoyz
The test worked! Ignoring the empty page is an impossibility! ;)

Excellent 1st chapters! I'm hooked!

I liked seeing Neville mentioned in ch. 3; I'd really like to see him brought into the group... Perhaps with Susan Bones or Hanna. Though Hanna Abbott gets used a lot.

Neville's another abused and neglected child who needs friends who love and respect him and his talents! I love seeing him gain confidence by associating with Harry & Co.

Thanks for this!
MelJ
11/6/2020 c4 shadewolfedrt
It is working again.
11/4/2020 c3 bkerrmom1
I love this story ! I am looking forward to seeing what comes next !
11/4/2020 c3 sandipi
Thank you for the new chapter. Stay safe please.
11/4/2020 c1 bkerrmom1
This story is awesomeness in writing! I love Luna !
7/26/2020 c3 Vanadir
Brilliant thank you for a great story
5/23/2020 c3 15The Ghostly Minion
That is a nice chapter. The scenes of Harry and Hermione’s day, alternating with John and Luna’s is a good touch. I’m glad that John and Luna have advanced their relationship.

I think Voldemort is affected by H&H’s love.

There is going to be real drama next chapter. I wonder if Ron will really get to the heart of his grievances, that the OBHWF is in danger of not happening.

Please don’t give up on this story. I enjoy it and hope you won’t take forever to update.

TGM
5/23/2020 c2 The Ghostly Minion
I like the way this story is going. John is a fascinating OC. I like the way Harry and Hermione have fallen so easily into a relationship, the Weasleys be damned!

I like the way Harry is taking to training. It’ll take a while but he’ll truly benefit. DADA class will be/ should be different. Hopefully, no lines or detentions for Harry. Will the DA form again? Will John help?

TGM
5/11/2020 c3 JustinOtherFictionFan
I truly hope you write more of this story. I am sad to see that this was most recently updated nearly a year ago, it means I have little hope. I have just really become invested in these characters.
4/14/2020 c1 6starlite22
It started good seems to be a Hermione story, where she found a good guy to date. By the end of last he chapter he was all over Luna and paid no attention to the woman he wanted to date.
So gave up, and Hermione would use mum not Mom.
58 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »