for Daughters of chaos

5/13/2019 c9 9fireman23
I hope you don't mind if I only write one review for the two chapters, as in the short succession of posting them it was easier to read them in one run...
Honestly, I like chapter 9 much more than chapter 8, even though both are good. But you're right, you did a great job in describing the battle, and the action in it. The description of the fighting is rather accurate and immersive, and the length of the scene is chosen well also. Well done!
12/12/2018 c7 fireman23
Welcome back!
Probably due to prolonged hiatus, it took me a while to get back into the flow of the story, but I like it - even though I do't think she will manage to hide very long...
8/4/2018 c1 Guest
Nice chapter! Interested to see where this is going
I would like to see more of Angrboda in the future. Right now I feel as if she is Siggys sidekick and I like their relationship, but I hope that she gets her time to shine
7/30/2018 c6 fireman23
This chapter clearly shows the effort you've put into it, very well done!
7/29/2018 c6 Shantigal
Thank you and your sore fingers for typing this all out to share with us. Absolutely loved the extra long update, even though i had 3 breaks to read it lol. Loving the detail and the storyline behind the scenes. Can't wait to read more.
7/4/2018 c1 lol
I hope that you will continue this story! I felt that killing off the Viking girls on the show was such a wasted opportunity. They could have been great characters like the ones in your story. Keep up the good work!
2/23/2018 c5 fireman23
Well, it definitely helps to establish the backstory if you don't focus that much on Siggy and Angrboda. I'm not entirely sure if I like what all the characters are thinking and planning, but nevertheless well done!
2/19/2018 c5 Shantigal
Sincerely can't wait to read more. Intriguing as always.
2/18/2018 c4 simonfarnabyslegs
Ah, just got to the bit where you specify the timeframe. Gotcha. Still don't know how I feel about the way you portray these characters, but it is really good!
2/18/2018 c2 simonfarnabyslegs
I honestly love Angrboda as a healer! That's awesome and it seems like such a great profession for the kind of girl I imagined Floki and Helga's child becoming. I just wish Ivar wasn't such a violent dick ALL the time and that his beauty wasn't his only good quality. Remember that on the show he has redeeming moments, and even though his is awful a lot, he is quiet and charming, not always loud and rash. Either way, I think I really like what you've got going here.

And this is a little bit off topic, but how old are Siggy and Angrboda supposed to be here? Where does this fic fit in the 'Vikings' timeline?
2/18/2018 c1 simonfarnabyslegs
I was super excited to find a fic where so many of the young characters who were killed before their time are still alive. I really love that idea! Siggy/Guthrum is such a cool concept (I know you described him here as looking like his father but since I have seen 5a, I imagine him as the young actor who played him), and I always secretly hoped Siggy would grow up to be friends with Floki's daughter. And DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON SIGURD. I AM THRILLED TO SEE HIM ALIVE AND WELL (are you going to keep him true to the sagas, or will he bend to fit your narrative? Either way, I am excited). However, I don't know how I feel about a lot that you have written here, especially Bjorn's relationship with his daughter and the way Torvi acts, especially since Bjorn seemed to love Siggy a lot when she was born and because I have grown attached to Torvi in the last season or so. But I am only 1 chapter in, so I will not judge too harshly. I really love the idea, and I can see this going places. :) Btw sorry for such a long review lol.
1/6/2018 c4 fireman23
Where should I begin? This chapter i strange, in a way...
Firstly, I really liked the way you wrote the battle scene, at least technically. It is really a fitting description of the bloody carnage any medieval battle would be.
On the other hand, I cannot believe that Siggy wouldn't be accepted into the war council or needed to be introuced (most of hem are relatives, aren't they), nor that she tried to shy away from the opportunitiy of leadership - I would have expected her to hope for responsibility and (if anything), someone denying her...

On the other hand, you introduced a lot of new facts, like Guthrum and Siggy being lovers, and even a new character who we yet have to find out what her agenda might be... All in all, a little confusing with too many lines to follow, but an alright chapter.
12/12/2017 c3 fireman23
But not a day later, or I' come back and haunt you! ;)
For three days of work, not bad - even though it is well known that I disagree with many things in the setting and the mood of this story. Still a great work!
12/12/2017 c3 Shantigal
Love the extremely long chapter... aw I'm intrigued to read more about Thorunn plans...super excited.
12/11/2017 c3 SummerSumo
i loved it! thank you so much for updating. i cant wait for the next chapter!
20 Page 1 2 Next »