for Ship of Theseus

8/29/2018 c9 HoratioVonBecker
Everything except calling her former colleagues, that is. That /particular/ reluctance is starting to wear thin.
8/29/2018 c8 HoratioVonBecker
Aw. She doesn't remember the 'he never had the spine' comment? This bit was weaker than it could've been.
8/29/2018 c7 HoratioVonBecker
Small continuity error here; you already mentioned that one of her leeches was two inches long, and that was weeks ago. It might have been after the first bath.
I'm still interested in what's happening.
8/29/2018 c6 HoratioVonBecker
Interesting, what limitations this form of Worm That Walks has. I'm still expecting the outbreak to happen soon, though.
8/29/2018 c5 HoratioVonBecker
Well. At least there hasn't been another outbreak yet. (I hope there isn't one, even if it would be really cool to see her get injected with the G-Virus.)
8/29/2018 c17 1q2w3e4r5t6yaq
I loved this story. It was so full of horror, but the kind of horror that makes me feel pleased inside. Thank you for this wonderful article.
8/29/2018 c4 HoratioVonBecker
Huh. I suppose active RE virals only suppress cannibalism for other /active/ viral organisms...
(It's still the weirdest thing about the leeches so far.)
8/29/2018 c3 HoratioVonBecker
Hmm. I think her brain scans would be very interesting right now.
8/28/2018 c2 HoratioVonBecker
You know, I think transhumanist sci-fi must be /very interesting/ in the Resident Evil universe. (Also that second-to-last line was poetic, but clearly wrong. Her zombification was either the initial infection or the chest wound, not the bath.)
8/28/2018 c1 HoratioVonBecker
Well. This is interesting. I wonder what would happen if she got injected with the G-Virus?
(Earlier RE plots tend to make more sense. I like this one a lot.)
6/12/2018 c17 WillItWork
Well, that was quite an ending! I really liked this story, in a way that I'm not particularly fond of the Resident Evil series in general. You've managed to make a group of frustrating and self-absorbed characters sympathetic, without being ineffectual.

Rebecca's desperation pervades the last few chapters. It's the call of the blood knight, to die for a cause — except she feels (rightly enough?) that she's already dead.

Thanks for sharing this one.
10/17/2017 c17 142Quatermass
Great story. Pretty freaky, but a good one.
10/8/2017 c17 24Ashardalon125
A suiting epilogue, with a vague sense of peace to the whole thing. It feels almost disturbingly normal; the cleanliness obsessed gas station night worker doesn't cause anyone to bat an eye. A young intern who talks with professors and makes connections is just a young mind in the field. All atop the horrifying framework that is Rebecca's life.

As much as I am sad to see it reach the end, I have enjoyed the story. Excellently done, and very human.
10/8/2017 c17 13DarkGidora
Nice. I was wondering if you were going to "out" Rebecca as a bunch of leeches following Raccoon's Destruction, but I'm glad you didn't. I like how she's continuing to help, getting people in touch with one another, after her more hands-on approaches never particularly worked.

The description of her daily life is tragic and weird (working and living more or less isolated and saving on grocery bills via roadkill, having difficulty writing legibly now that she's out of fingers); although she's adapted to it pretty well. It's not a happy ending, but it's one of the better ones she could get.

Also, I like the glimpse of half-cocked laws being passed in the wake of a tragedy simultaneously not covering enough (the zombie loophole you mentioned) and too much (vaccine research). It's very true to life.

"She could dwell on the fact that she was dead, or she could focus on how there was something left of her, something that wanted to do good and help people. Even if it was all just the leeches, they were still doing the right thing. And that had to count for something". That's a fantastic way to leave things off.

One nitpick, I noticed you have "B." repeatedly in the story; I'm guessing it's an autocorrect error for B.O.W.s
10/2/2017 c16 24Ashardalon125
Man, that was a really eerie chapter. The tension and unease was evident throughout the entire length of the chapter. A sort of creeping, sickening feeling that would not go. Even the faceless people along the way seemed very human, and very tired in a way that translated well. The zombies were creepy and yet still vaguely threatening. It also does remind the reader of the fact that the entire Raccoon City Incident took place over a relatively short period of time.
68 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »