for There are Many Ways to Die, Bodhi Rook

12/29/2019 c1 158Buckhunter The Race Horse
The "Here is how Bodhi Rook died" line reminded me of Kurt Vonnegut's style of writing in Slaughterhouse Five.

Well done!
3/26/2018 c1 70Gamemakers
[Because after Bodhi rose from his chair, he died.] FEELS

Actually, that's the best way to describe my reaction to this fic. FEELS. There's so much emotion here, but what's really getting to me is the language. It's absolutely stunning. These were some (just some!) of my favorite little gems:

[looks as though it were conceived and crafted by a man who has lived his whole life inside the gears of a clock]
[the most important threads in Ari’s life, the unique textures that made up the warp and woof of the man]
[Everything in Bodhi’s life circles around Jedha, like water around a drain]
11/1/2017 c1 4PinkLemonadeDays
I'm so impressed with this story...it's absolutely give greater depth to Bodhi's character and background -I couldn't have imagined it any better! The descriptions of his grandparents are powerful.

I also love Bodhi's quip "Is it bedtime?" Just the right place in the story for a bit of his cheekiness! I'd be interested in any more Rogue One stories you write!
5/23/2017 c1 132rebecca-in-blue
Thanks for entering the first sentence contest. This is such a well-written story, and I think it explores your first sentence of choice in a very interesting way in how it jumps around, interspersing scenes of Bodhi's past with him and Galen in the commissary. Your story adds so much to Bodhi as a character and to his and Galen's relationship, and I love that Galen was drawn to him because he saw something familiar, perhaps a reflection of himself, in "the look in your eyes." As always, I'm impressed by your poetic, evocative writing style; I love "His heart is lethargic, a slow glacier unable to rouse out of the dull apathy" and several other lines.
5/16/2017 c1 37Polly Little
This is a great look into Bodhi's character. It has a similar bittersweet aftertaste to the original movie, but it's so much more detailed. There was a good contrast between the deaths of his two friends, but the ones that really stand out are his grandparents. Very well written and a pleasure to read.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service