FanFiction.Net
for Soul Scars

3/7/2023 c18 HughJasz
Jesus fucking christ. I'm not asking for much, maybe just an iota of competence. Harry supposedly all powerful with his magic and yet he's getting beaten black and blue by his relatives, whom he wasn't apparently prepared to actually meet when he knocked on their godamn door. No attempts to defend himself at all... completely helpless while he's beaten like a sack of shit.

The only thing that Harry has ever been good at in this entire series so far is taking beatings.
3/7/2023 c12 HughJasz
GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI!. Oh wait sorry wrong series. Harry is such a winy piece of shit it's hard to tell the difference some times.
2/14/2023 c42 DanYHKim
Holy crap!

ALWAYS SECURE THE PRISONER FIRST!
2/13/2023 c40 DanYHKim
Sirius Black is able to hear in ultrasonic range as a dog. I have always wanted to see a fanfic in which Harry could explain to him that he wanted to facilitate his exoneration by broadcasting the spoken message at high frequency.

In the Superman movie, Lex Luther transmits a message to Superman in this way.
2/13/2023 c36 DanYHKim
Not "parents"

"When you feel up to it, Harry," Susan told him, leaning forward to look him in the eye, "you don't need to tell us in excruciating detail, like you probably had to deal with when you gave your statement for the case against your parents. We don't need to know every little thing. It would be nice to be able to share some of that burden, especially if it'll help you with healing."
2/13/2023 c35 DanYHKim
OK. Gilderoy Lockhart has his mind erased by his own misfired Oblivious, and people use other spells on themselves all the time. The resonance frequency thing is not correct
2/12/2023 c24 DanYHKim
Aah. I had suspected about Daphne. But they are truly becoming bonded to *each other*, so this can be worked out, with love and patience. I hope for the best.

Becoming invested in the outcome of the characters is, for me, a Hallmark of good writing.
2/11/2023 c53 7Acacia Vix
Just spent all day binging this. Absolutely brilliant, can't wait for the next chapter.
2/10/2023 c1 DanYHKim
Scars you can see are one thing, but childhood abuse also scars the soul. A deep double meaning to the title.
2/10/2023 c4 DanYHKim
The smart one. The connected one. The rich(?) one.

Something like that. Nice complementarity.

"He'll get bored of you don't react." You really pegged it. The rules of life for an abused child.
2/10/2023 c3 DanYHKim
Quite a surprising variant on the "soul bond".

Looks like Dumbledore is not a malign schemer, but it's maybe spread to thin and getting too old. I sometimes wonder if, despite his many years as an educator and school administrator, the fact that he never raised a child of his own made him unable to imagine that a family might be abusive toward an orphan nephew.
2/8/2023 c53 BubbleyOo
So Glad you havent Abandoned this. Love it ... hope you Update soon.
2/5/2023 c3 d.mckinney1014
yay finally a fic where daphne gets sorted into gryffindor
1/9/2023 c52 The Lady Gwendolyn
please don't abandon this story!
1/8/2023 c53 3241silo
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
YES! I'm so happy you've been able to return to writing. Hopefully updated can periodically come out again :) I remember loving this fiction when I read it a while ago. Lol, I guess I need to re-read it though!
2,322 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »