for The Not-So-Secret Engagement

Awwww... cute!
9/24/2019 c1 1Melbel1
This is very sweet.
6/2/2019 c1 47Tinalouise88
I believe I actually read this when you first posted it. But that was three years ago when I was a ghost lol.

I could see this happening, and Davey being rather protective of Anne is a very sweet gesture. That fact he warned Gilbert to not get Anne in Trouble was funny. Does he even know what trouble means at his age lol?

A family ring is a nice twist on the pearls. I have actually wondered just where Gilbert got the money for a ring. I believe I once heard that young men would just set aside money for an engagement ring as they got older knowing they may need that fund. Which also makes sense as well. But as I adore family heirlooms, as they have so much meaning in them usually.

I would like to think they stunned the church into silence. but the fact that even their friends were unsure of what had transpired between the two made it so much better. They had such a long road to get to that day. Who would really believe it, if they didn't see it with their own eyes?
10/13/2018 c1 BRamBesay.98
Down with Critics United!

They are the cancer to our society.

The root of heresy needs to be burnt to crisp

with over thousand innocent souls without remorse or guilt thereafter.

No sacrifice is too great and no treachery too small.

Remember, we all are walking under the immortal shadow of Him.

His light shines so brightly, it will guide us to our foreseen destiny that is in our grasp.

A great moment we all should not pass.

If you are on the same page, cp this message.

Now onto the actual review:
The next day was a Sunday and Gilbert Blythe and his parents watched Davy drive up to the steps of the church with all the Green Gables ladies. Anne beckoned him to her side with a tilt of her chin. His parents went inside to the Blythe pew while Gilbert answered Anne's summons. Davy had helped Dora, Marilla and Mrs. Lynde out of the buggy and Gilbert stepped in to help Anne down.

Cool!
7/29/2018 c1 5steffi-a
So sweet. I love Davys part. ;-)
6/10/2018 c1 Guest
ADORABLE
5/25/2018 c1 wow
lovely.
12/13/2017 c1 4OriginalMcFishie
perfectly lovely. I do love a secret romance. daveys horror at open mouth kissing was most amusing. I like how Gil asked Davey if it was OK, that was a nice touch
11/17/2017 c1 74kslchen
Now, I'll need more time and peace and quiet to take on your other story (which sound intriguing, by the way), but I figured, 2500 words, this I can do, even at a detestably early hour of the morning.
First of all, comparing their kiss with the slate was a stroke of genius! They've really come full circle now, haven't they? And, who would have thought? Not them, certainly.
The old wives and widows though will not be fooled, and neither will Mrs. Lynde. I like how Marilla is trying to protect them from gossip and later on, her utter joy for Anne is palpable. It means even more, considering how rarely Marilla allows herself to show emotion, especially in public and *especially* in church.
Davy, now, is simply a delight! "It was the only way to get her to stay still," had me laughing out loud. Also, it's sweet the way he is looking out for Anne, like a real (little) brother would. And, well, Anne's right - if Milty Boulter knows, surely the rest of Avonlea will consider it perfectly within their rights to learn about the engagement of their two golden children, no?
10/31/2017 c1 6TLWtlw
I almost laughed out loud about Davy's statement. And how Gilbert's treating him like Anne's man of the family saying maybe he should have talked about it first.
9/16/2017 c1 2Karateka67
Kay so the proposal I like the original better but the rest of your story is superb
9/1/2017 c1 2caprubia
Aw, that was cute.
9/1/2017 c1 38oz diva
Oh I adored Davy's take on the whole affair. I was giggling throughout. He's a great character isn't he.
7/28/2017 c1 3IrishPrincess
What a delightful story! You've captured Davy's character perfectly - so full of curiosity and questions. Your story is both sweet and funny.
7/15/2017 c1 Anna
Adorable! I cracked up at the end bit with Davy. I mean, if even MILTY knows, the cat needs to come out of the bag! Lol
19 Page 1 2 Next »