FanFiction.Net
for A Dragon's Roar

6/1/2022 c43 Baith
First of all, what a fucking fantastic story. Second of all, I'm sorry for my past self being very immature. Thirdly, I want to apologize for how I have only lurked until now that I engage in the story at the end of it. I wanna give and express a thousand thanks to show my gratitude for what beauty you have written. It's been a blast to have been here since the beginning and I'm very happy to have experienced all of it but sad that it will reach its conclusion. I fear that leaving this off will do it a disservice for it will not continue to grow but that's wrong. It has grown, it has blossom into an epic of a legendary capacity, and I may be blowing it up extremely but I gotta instill into this one moment what it means to me, A LOT. One that text can't express fully, so might as well do it BIG. Thank you, can't wait to see it coming to a close.
5/26/2022 c43 11D'nnome
Daeron and Cersei's first son should be named Tywin. That name deserves to be that of a future king.
5/24/2022 c43 Src
What a marvelous story.

This will stay with me for a long time.
Thank you so much.
5/24/2022 c38 Src
This was amazing. Truly amazing.

I absolutely adore Ashara and Arthur in this. This really cut deep. Amazing.
5/24/2022 c31 src
Okay, so I've been binge reading this for the last day.

As many others have probably already said, this is a marvelous story. One that would deserve to be found in a book, but due to the nature of fanfiction, we all know that this is never gonna happen.

I am honestly giddy that Aerys has named wildfire as their champion. Fire can not kill the dragon.

I found this story because I sometimes look for stories about Cersei, she might not be my favorite character, but I identify with her.

I love Jaime and Elia are in this. Their love feels so easy, it fits both of them so well. I always hated that people gloss over what kind of prick Rheager must have been to put Elia through all this shit, I never pictured her as strong, but I always thought she deserved better.

I also love that the "love" between Cersei and Jaime is not the center of this fic. If you ask me, Cersei has never loved Jaime. She just thought he was her property, that his body should have rightfully been hers.
It's so good to see and actually normal sibling relationship between them.
Oh and Tyrion, I tend to really dislike him. But how could I not love the sweet boy you created?

Rhaella is really interesting to me as well. She is weak. She truly is a weak person. Her circumstances might be bad as well, but she is the essential opposite of a protagonist, or of someone who carries a story. It's super interesting that you included the pov of such a character. People tend to make the pov characters deep, sympathetic or at least interesting, and almost always tend to write them as strong.

I absolutely adore Ned and Ashara and that they got each other, it makes me so so happy. It also makes me happy to see Robert's good sides for one, especially in Cersei centric fics, he is often painted as the devil, something he really realky isn't.

There are two things that I have to admit I found lacking. One was Mina. She just seemed a little too perfectly uncomplicated and cool, she felt like you inserted a modern day side character into ASOIAF.

The other thing is that I cannot really feel a connection between Cersei and Daemon. They are the main couple of this fic, but somehow everyone else has a better vibe with each other. They are two intense people and yet, there wasn't even one intense scene between them after he gave her her weapon.
5/23/2022 c43 9DannyBlack70
I may not have reviewed very much, if at all, but I've been a long term follower of this story having first followed back in 2017, and to see it coming to an end is a bit bittersweet, but only because I want more! It's still my absolute favourite OC story in this fandom and has been that way for years.

Congratulations on this story, and I look forward to seeing what you do in the future!
5/20/2022 c43 7RedHood001
I can definitely understand the decline in wanting to write the same category. That happens with me as a reader as well. Sometimes you just get bored with one or two fandoms and you look for something else to have that spark in your head.

This was a satisfying ending, especially since it marks the beginning of Daeron's rule with his complete council. Now that Jaime has agreed in becoming the Hand, Daeron can really start his Kingly duties. It works really well as an ending, especially with that last line.

There's plenty of things that are intentionally left open-ended, and I can see those plot points coming to play in a possible sequel. It's honestly very exciting that you ended it this way since readers like me can speculate about the future events after this story takes place.

Definitely looking forward to the epilogue and, honestly, more of your work. Your writing is brilliant and I hope you're doing great. Very well done!
5/19/2022 c43 OneWhoReadsTooMuch
I truly enjoyed seeing Arthur's POV here and taking a deeper look into his thoughts. Ashara makes a good point in Arthur SWEARING his oaths to Aerys but having no problem throwing those away in favor of Rhaegar. So he can't really look down on other Kingsguard for swearing their loyalty to Dareon before the war started and after the war ended. I think it shows how charming Rhaegar could be and how those around him became solely focused on seeing Rhaegar's vision come to life. It always surprised me in canon that even at the end Arthur was off protecting Lyanna in DORNE. Aruthur came from a noble house in Dorne and had original allegiance to the Royal family, the Martell's. Yet he wasn't there to protect Elia and her children in the end.
5/18/2022 c43 1hellfire45
Good chapter and I can’t wait to see what happens next
5/18/2022 c43 YungHegel
thanks for the chapter! looking forward to the end and my eventual reread once the whole thing is complete
5/18/2022 c43 1Tenron Lightvoid
This remains one of my favorite takes on the older generation of the ASOIAF cast and I really like Daeron himself as an OC. I'm sad to see it coming to a close, but that just means I'll get to reread it soon!
5/18/2022 c43 3Luke5921
Fantastic chapter, I really loved the ending with Arthur and can't wait to see what happens in the epilogue. It has been a truly great story and I can't wait to see how it ends.

As for the next fanfic I am eagerly awaiting to see what you will do, whatever you decide I am certain it will be great. Maybe a Star Wars one it has similar elements to your previous works and an open world to work with? Whilst also being different to the other settings you have written in.

Just my humble idea, whatever you go with I know it will be great and worth a read.
5/18/2022 c43 Mister LaGuardia
Fantastic ending with Arthurs arc coming to a close; can't wait to see the epilogue. Whatever you decide to write next I'll probably be following.
5/18/2022 c43 Guest
You could write a Star Wars oc fanfiction
5/18/2022 c43 Hank Jones
As much as I've enjoyed this story, I really hope you don't start anything new, and focus more on your Harry Potter story. It's been crawling in slow mo for years now. Love to see it get some life.
2,883 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »