for In the Dark

2/28 c11 crackheadmiller
ending fucked me up, kinda bums me that these post-series Emiya fics are so rare
12/5/2020 c11 Guest
Amazing... But still, F*** you rin
10/31/2020 c11 1SteelBlackwing
Well done. Admittedly, I would have liked to see a bit more closure of Shirou, Rin and Luvia in the last chapter, as well as the whole Ilya's body debacle, and it felt a bit rushed, like you just wanted to be done with it and not have to stress about it anymore (and hey, I've been there), but beyond that, I really enjoyed this work. Props, this piece should be more well known than it is.
9/6/2020 c11 1prmehta24
This was fantastic!
5/29/2020 c11 timothychin90
OH MY GOD I FOUND THIS 3 YEARS TOO LATE. THIS IS A HIDDEN GEM. A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
4/22/2020 c11 Guest
“Yeah, you’re right. I’ll think about it… By the way, you kinda look like a friend of mine, so I hope you don’t mind me being a little forward before I go.
“I think you’ll find happiness someday.
“Every smile you’ve shown me here has been fake, but…
''But, you know…that smile you had when you trusted in your ideal? Now, that was the real thing. I haven’t seen such a fantastic smile in a long time,”
“If your ideal can make you smile like that, I’m sure they won’t betray you.”
“And so…keep believing in your ideal, too.”
“If you do, I know you’ll be able to smile a lot.”

It wasn’t clear whether it realized just how cruel those words were.
Alaya left his landscape without another word, and as Emiya watched it go, he didn’t say anything, either.
4/11/2020 c11 Bellerogrim
A really nice and very well written story on the whole.

One of your strong aspects in writing stories is your thorough grasp of characters, either pre-existing or original, and to then weave those characters into new situations where they act in a manner natural to their established characteristics and behaviour.

I don't quite like the last chapter though, as the nuclear ending felt shoehorned in. With an infinite number of parallel worlds, ending it after chapter 10 would have been fine (minus the rewind). Or even with the rewind and chapter 11, it would have been fine to just have Relchronos be killed by either Ciel or Arcueid, without him having prepared a suicide attack.

Regardless, thank you for writing and sharing this story.
9/1/2019 c10 Manyfetch
This was a truly excellent piece of writing, both in terms of characterization and plot. The only thing I really feel could be improved is clarifying what "the tower" referred to by multiple characters is.

That, and the fact that the entire "Adrian grows ever more suspicious of Shirou" plot thread kind of never really had a payoff. It might have been better if Adrian was still aware enough to curse Shirou out when Shirou faked turning
7/23/2019 c11 Guest
Words fail me.

I have literally sat for minutes & still cannot begin to describe how excellent this story is. Just... FiendLurcher, you did a really, really good job. This is probably the greatest piece of fanfiction I have ever read.
4/8/2019 c10 Ferdiad
Man this whole fic has been a great journey.
1/28/2019 c10 Guest
"It is the needle with which the fabric of reality that is the "real world" has been sown in place."

'Sown' is what happens to the farmer's seeds, you mean 'sewn'
1/20/2019 c11 skrapsynneh
This has been a great ride as I for go an entire night of sleep to read this all the way through. I love your writing because I do so enjoy that fluff. This is a while ride that fills in that gap of knowledge of Emiya Shirou who becomes the Counter Guardian so well. Thank you for the wonderful story. I look forwards to more.
1/20/2019 c9 skrapsynneh
I am indeed surprised. I can indeed begin to see how a rift may appear between Shirou and Rin besides his drive to save others.
1/20/2019 c7 skrapsynneh
Always interesting in how to tie in dinosaurs. Some may say "But What About Dragons!" And at times I will now ask "But What About Dinosaurs!".
1/20/2019 c6 skrapsynneh
Hm, interesting inversion of the field. For a moment, I thought you were intending to have Shirou trapped in a Time dilation field but that would serve no purpose for Relchronos using the available information.
92 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »