for Date a New Live

12/22/2020 c11 16Cypher DS
Hey, Date a New Live is alive again! And wow, Touka doesn't waste any time making this a memorable start. I had a feeling that smooch would come sooner or later but I didn't expect Touka's air-headed rationale for it. I guess she's Shido's girl through ans through.

This was a nice, straight-forward action chapter. I have to be honest - it's been so long that I forgot who Mayuri, Momo and and Mikie were. Nevertheless, the battle against Kurumi's me's was tense and easy to follow. We'll see how the new Shido deals with the monstrous Nightmare next time, I guess!
12/22/2020 c11 FanGirl
So Kurumi can be in multiple places at once.
12/22/2020 c1 1aaronmag
Well I figured since this is your active work I'd start reading it.

I liked the first person POV and I like the mystery of his background (how he thinks he has died and ended up in a different body/life). Looking forward of learning more of this mystery. I was enjoying the whole slice of life and looking forward to lunch so I was a bit pissed at the Spirit for screwing up his day. But then I got curious as to what she was all about.

The Tobiichi showed up and we started getting a sword fight and I was getting into that. I was prepared for a King Pariah action sequence, but this ended quite abruptly and I was a bit disappointed.

But luckily a new mystery emerged and I was like, "Wait. Kotori? His kid sister?"

At the end of the chapter I headed over to Wikipedia to read a bit about the series. You are making me learn about all sorts of things I had no clue about! Ha ha. I'll admit to being a bit confused at this point, but I am intrigued about how the world and the characters interrelate with the main character. Very curious as to the threat of these Spirits. And most intrigued by the main character seeming to be someone who woke up suddenly in this new life. How does that all fit in? I suppose I'll have to read on to find out!
12/22/2020 c11 24Jackie Avocado
It took 2 fovevers, but you finally updated this story.

AND WHAT AN UPDATE IT IS.

Was really expecting my interest to drop since I haven't read this story in a long while, but this chapter got so intense I got sucked right back in.

Looking forward to more.
12/21/2020 c10 Sans
Tohka loves food, haha.
8/2/2020 c10 Guest
I want to see more of this story
4/18/2020 c7 OOO
It would and pretty interesting to have the spirits wear CR-units and fuse it with their astral dresses like Origami did. No one has really use that in any of the DAL fanfictions I've read so far.
2/25/2020 c8 1EVA-Saiyajin
I like the bits where we see the growth and development outside of Shido's direct proximity. Tohka is very cute as a big sister figure to Yoshino.
1/15/2020 c10 3Shin Hyo Joon
Honestly this is the best story of DAL that i ever read.
This past day i'm just looking some reference for myself to write DAL cross over story.
It's too bad you're not continue this.
arigatou for the story!
12/22/2019 c10 locoanime6676
Continuala amigo es muy buena teoría asta ahora la mejor que e visto
12/22/2019 c2 1Plasma Dragon 312
I like that while this guy isn’t the same Shidō he isn’t an arrogant prick. He still has many of the cannon Shidos personality.
4/4/2019 c10 Absolution397
Well so far the story has been interesting, hoping though there’s a massive change from canon in the future. I know there’s some changes to canon in the background, like Nia not being captured, but so far the story kinda feels like retelling of canon with more competent Shido. Though Origami’s arc will certainly be a lot more tragic if it goes like it did in canon, due the massive changes in her relationships with Shido and the Spirits from canon.

Also in two bits of semi-unrelated and semi-related news, for unrelated the Danmachi Memoria Freese mobile game is currently having a collab event with Date A Live, with its own story taking place after Origami’s arc, and so I’m wondering if it can be used in this story.
While in the semi-related news a new form for Yoshino was recently released in the Spirit Pledge game, so again I’m wondering if it can be incorporated into this story
3/17/2019 c10 5TimedDarkness
As I mentioned to you in PM, this story is as enjoyable as ever. It's progressing well and introduces some interesting new dynamics in how Shido behaves to a threat- namely Kurumi. I did find it a little disconcerting to see his lack of response to the murder scene, and it seemed a little strange in how Kurumi almost fell into believing his words. Possibly the clone from the rooftop scene? Seeing as this coincides with that part of the anime currently.

In terms of writing style, I felt like this chapter compared to the previous ones was a bit... lacking? Something about it didn't have that same spark as the ones earlier did and I can't quite put my finger on it.

A bit of the dialogue seems a tad dry in some spots. It's wonderful in the interactions with Origami and Tohka, I had a few chuckles there, but in other spots like when the cat abusers were pleading for their lives, it seemed a bit empty. There's a slight lack of emotion in some of the more emotional/stressful scenes which is a real shame. I get that you might not be going for that and everything I say is just my opinion, but I figured a bit of criticism won't harm. I do love this story- very much so- but it was a bit disappointing to see the slight diminishing in quality this chapter.

I have high hopes for the future of this though, so keep at it. I'm still loving this very much.
1/3/2019 c10 24Jackie Avocado
First of all, Tohka, my girl, good to see you make a cameo! Second... THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Tohka VS Megalodon: 100% Chance of Shark Burgers! Poor Origami, she's going to have to deal with this shit all day, but I'm really loving the chemistry between the two so far. Never EVER let them play Mario Kart, the moment one of them gets a Blue Shell is the moment their friendship ends in a blaze of memes.

Not even a Shido who's been through some Jumpchain version of Shido can resist the charms of Best Girl Kurumi in black lingerie.

Ah, pulling the cute animal's things on Kurumi, good move my brother!

The arcade with Momo, eh? I see she's a girl of culture as well.

So, Tohka's breasts went up a few cup sizes. I mean, Origami's reaction was pretty funny, and I'm okay with that, but I'm not really sure why it was a nessasary change... *Reads the AN at the end* Ah, it was inspired by Author Touka, that explains it! Either way, I approve.

Really, Date Alive... you're just as bad as me when it comes to meta jokes. I approve! PROMOTION!

Christ, the inner struggle in Kurumi hit me right in the feels. The girl has been through some shit.

Great chapter my boi!