for That Men May Rise on Stepping Stones

11/23/2018 c1 5XYZArtemis
The movie ending was so sad! Nicely done :)
11/27/2017 c1 Guest
*should have looked in your bio before I said that
11/27/2017 c1 Guest
Why are you so good at this? Honestly, you should seriously consider publishing an original book or something
6/14/2017 c1 April
It's PERFECT!
6/14/2017 c1 pezzz
I think this was beautifully written, and exactly what you were aiming for: a snapshot of that moment.

But I have to argue with you on the basic premise, and say that I was actually glad that they didn't kiss. I felt like that was the obvious ending, the Hollywood choice perhaps, and that it would have reduced the emotion of the moment to being about romance. As it was, they left it open ended in so many, very depressing, ways.

Jyn and Cassian definitely had chemistry, and shared experiences and goals that, I agree, would have led them to this moment if they'd had the time to develop a relationship. But by ending the movie, and their lives, as well as the planet, without a kiss, that relationship wasn't the only future that the audience is left to mourn. I find myself almost thinking through a whole "It's a Wonderful Life" train of thought wherein if they'd lived, other lives might have been spared. Think of what Jyn accomplished in her brief time of being an active part of the rebellion, and how much she could have gone on to do with that passion.

So other than the fact that neither of them were in the movies A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, or Return of the Jedi, the question I kept asking at the end of the movie was why didn't they try to get to a ship to escape after they transmitted the death star plans?

But, regardless of that question and how depressed the movie made me, as an engineer who absolutely loved Star Wars all of my life, my main reaction was "thank god there's a reason behind an engineering feat like the death star having a flaw that would allow you to blow it to smithereens with one well placed shot!" Lol