for The Losing Side of Love

7/13/2020 c1 Pap Lal
Even though Prussia is my favorite character, I still feel sorry for Austria (in this story)
6/21/2017 c1 Schurmann
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Cats is correct. The site guidelines clearly state under Actions not Allowed "Copying from a previously published work (including song lyrics) not in the public domain" is not allowed.
6/20/2017 c1 catspats31
The story is good, but since it has the copied lyrics of Hank Williams Sr.'s "You Win Again", it breaks the following part of the Content Guidelines:

Actions not allowed:
3. Copying from a previously published work (including musical lyrics) not in the public domain.

Please remove all of the copied lyrics from your story because the owners of this site have no legal permission from the songwriters.

And in case you're wondering when and why that rule is made, here is the background information. Back on April 27, 2005, the admins put this message on the front page regarding songfics:

In addition, [this site] would like to address a growing problem. For whatever reason, some writers feel it's okay to copy-n-paste musical lyrics they have not written into their fiction. If you did not write it, do not post it. This has always been our policy. Please remove these entries immediately to avoid account closure.

Keep in mind that "public domain" means something that has expired intellectual properties, like Shakespearean works. And disclaimers don't cut it for song lyrics. Not even changing a few words from the original song will be enough.
6/20/2017 c1 24Ellawritesficssometimes
Honestly, the naive part of me wants to believe that Hungary was blunt and horrible so that he wouldn't feel bad about their ended relationship. However, I don't think that was your intention. Either way, this was very well written. Through both actions and words you showed how devastated Austria was. I always found it cute how in canon it's implied that Austria secretly sends flower to her. I love AusHun, and I think you captured the tragedy of their relationship very nicely. Hungary was his muse, and once gone, he lost his will to write music. Beautiful, beautiful symbolism :)
-Ella
6/20/2017 c1 Kattie
Mein Gott...
Well, I feel bad for Austria, although, he does have a huge support system which he pushed away. I really liked that, a nice cute little one shot. I really hope to see more fics with Slovenia and Croatia in them, because they are my favourite characters (your OCs are great). But yeah, an all around great chapter.