for A Night to Remember

4/22/2020 c6 Celestia
I am an absolute Titanic fanatic. I've watched movies, read countless books yet I've never actually seen a fanfiction about it. It's a shame the story isn't finished, but what you've written so far was very entertaining to read, so thank you for that! Really hope you decide to update this one day, no rush though, I know how stumped writers feels sometimes.
11/1/2017 c6 1Umi Mizu
Too short! I hope you continue your story, I'm enjoying it.
11/1/2017 c4 Umi Mizu
Again a nice chapter. I felt sorry for Alfred having lost his wife.
11/1/2017 c2 Umi Mizu
Nice little chapter. I'm wondering about all that paper work Alfred has, as well as the letter. Will he be taking them off the ship? If he looses them when it sinks it could possibly cause problems 100 years later if they cat salvaged and if they're still legible (like how in the movie they were able to restore Rose's portrait.
11/1/2017 c1 Umi Mizu
Yay, I found a good story! I can't read the rest right now, but I'm looking forward to it.
8/8/2017 c6 Guest
This is really good.
7/16/2017 c6 Kattie
I'll be perfectly honest, as much as I like this story, the Titanic basis isn't my cup a' tea (England pun no.1), but, whatever floats your boat (boat pun no.1). Although I am still going to read this. It's good, so please keep updating and writing!
7/7/2017 c6 Guest
And so it begins.

Great chapter. You wrote Alfred's uneasy feeling and alarm very well. It's horrifying and almost intriguing to read about all the little instances and mistakes that led to the sinking. Lots of separate people made choices and those choices combined to create a disaster.
7/6/2017 c5 Guest
Love it. This is why I love Hetalia fics (and the series itself). Informative but entertaining with a little dramatic flair.
6/29/2017 c5 1ElricGurl
Dude, sometimes you can't help the Dumb and Stubborn.
6/29/2017 c5 Guest
Per regulations of the time, Titanic actually had more lifeboats than required. Because of so many ships crossing the Atlantic and the telegraph, it was believed that another ship would be able to arrive and assist a sinking ship. The lifeboats were most typically used for ferrying passengers from the sinking ship to the assisting ship. That is part of why at first, so many passengers had to be coaxed onto the lifeboats, they believed that another ship would answer their distress telegrams and signal flares, and they didn't want to be stuck on a cold cramped lifeboat rather than the relatively comfortable Titanic waiting for the assisting ship. It wasn't until almost two hours later, when Titanic was without assistance and definitely going under, that the panic truly set it. The signal flares they had were the same sort as "celebration" flares and another passing ship even saw them, but believed it to be fireworks.

Because the signal flares and distress signals were not standardized and specifically for calling for assistance, including having priority telegrams getting across first, and having someone always on duty at the message board, even Ships close enough to the Titanic to have been able to assist didn't realize they were in trouble.

Sadly, it took the sinking of the Titanic to have the standardized safety and security measures that we see today: lifeboats and jackets for everyone, priority messages getting priority time and having someone at the radio listening and passing on important messages at all times, day or night, and not as discussed as much but extremely important - signal flares and distress messages were standardized and made indistinguishable from other sorts of signals.
6/29/2017 c5 Guest
Oh, the arrogance. You portrayed that very well. At the same time though, it's almost like a series of bad decisions led to the Titanic's sinking. So much tragedy could have been avoided...

Great chapter. I'm tensely awaiting the next one.
6/24/2017 c4 Guest
"A jack of all trades, a master of none, but better than a master of one..." I think that's the full quote. IDK that popped into my head when you mentioned it.

Loved the chapter. Its so interesting to see America's interactions with people.
6/24/2017 c3 Kattie
I feel bad for America, he knows not to get involved, but he has to. This was very good. Yeah an amazing chapter
6/24/2017 c3 Guest
I like reading about the interactions between America and the people on the Titanic... even though many of them are doomed. Argh, it still hurts to think about.

I don't think I've personally mentioned this before (I've been reviewing under regular-old "Guest") but I'm glad you're writing a story on the Titanic. There aren't many of them, and most of them follow the fictional movie and focus on romance rather than being more "historical". Thank you for writing this.
29 Page 1 2 Next »