for Harry Potter and the Polymagus

9/3 c14 ironhair
What a cliffhanger to have this story end at :(
9/3 c3 ironhair
This is a kind of fic I haven't read before and it's very interesting.
9/2 c1 ironhair
Reading
7/22 c14 Caver Floyd
Pretty good story, too bad it is discontinued. Harry being able to change into magical animals is kind of OP though. The fact that a Nemean lion roar is a magic enhancer is cool but super powerful for an 11 year old.
5/17 c3 Guest
yea this is just weird
8/2/2020 c14 11stevem1
This is a brilliant story. Harry is more gifted in this story, a little more closed off, but also more competitive and more loyal, especially with and to Hermione.

Hermione is the brilliant student she always is, but also calmer and with more common sense. Her frustration with the rumors/gags that other make up about her and Harry are funny. Mostly as the two of them are so innocent.

Ron is seriously a high functioning autistic in this story. Brilliant at chess, quidditch information and logical reasoning, but completely pants at all social interaction. His current obsession, blood purism, is sad but also makes complete sense in light of his if it’s true it isn’t wrong (an opinion he comes to with incomplete research).

Hogwarts is far better staffed and more sensible, and more magical, than canon. Dumbledore and Snape are actually on the ball and decisive. Kudos to the author.

This story, as with all the author’s works (including the Amazon novel Monstrosity) is highly recommended.
6/17/2020 c14 himalay.senapati
I wish this story wasn't discontinued. :)
6/17/2020 c7 himalay.senapati
woooow
6/17/2020 c3 himalay.senapati
wow ! :)
6/17/2020 c1 himalay.senapati
cool cool story :)
6/15/2020 c5 Avidreader212
I laughed out loud when Draco started crying after the broom incident and snickered the rest of the chapter.
6/13/2020 c6 jacdot
Best chapter so far. I love the competent adults and the cool magic you have woven into the story.
6/12/2020 c3 1thrawnca
I really like competent Ron! And Harry's only-mildly-bitter rivalry with Hermione promises to be very interesting. Nice job.
6/12/2020 c1 thrawnca
You have an interesting start here. It sounds like you're familiar with Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality?

Harry is obviously smarter and more capable than canon, but you haven't made it absurd, so it should be fine so long as his challenges are scaled up to match. Hoping for an interesting read!
6/12/2020 c7 Guest
loving the neat characterizations! You've managed to very quickly capture some of my favourite quirks about the fandom. You made me disproportionately happy when you made Hagrid a magical mentor, absolutely something I love. The magic of it, Harry is unique and capable but I've yet to find him overpowered. Ron is indulgently quirky, but not being bashed in for being a child so I can deal. The whole package gives a very cool and magical perception of Hogwarts.

My main takeaway is one of gladness that I found this story, but there are a few things that bother me, an individual, who in no way is confident in the validity of his own critique. One is that Dumbledore seems hyper competent. I'm aware that this is canonical, that he is probably the most powerful wizard in the canon narrative, but his almost blatant omnipotence and capability has obscured his character. I don't really see much character at all other than Grand Wizardly Woo, who fails to fail. I don't know, maybe I'm just doting after the more grandfatherly take a lot of fics take. It's not even his competence that I dislike, it's his demeanor about it. In canon he seems both suble and arrogant about it, like he knows he's a more talanted wizard than virtually everyone he meets, but he also knows that rubbing it in their face is the wrong way to go.

The other is about your whole deal of sticking the plots of book one, two, and three into Harry's first year. I'm losing the thread of what's happening and keep forgetting Quirel until he pops up again.
There's just a lot crammed together, and I like a lot of it! Molly is very fun and Lupin is amazing, but it's seems like too much of a good thing? I want more time for all these elements to work and build off of eachother. How dangerous is hogwarts typically that it has dementor, basilisk, troll, (alleged) serial killers, and potentially werewolf attacks in one year? spaced out I can barely believe students aren't pulled from the school. All together? how is that place even running?
173 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »