for Pocket Legends

8/28/2019 c1 9luciangirl06
Hahaha, oh my gosh, this reminds me of when I caught Kyogre in AS just a few weeks ago! I was so frustrated at Wallace and Steven for basically forcing me to confront Kyogre by myself (which I would have happily done anyway if they didn’t try to push me to do it), and then having the nerve to tell me after I caught this legendary god-like creature who has the capacity to destroy the world that I would probably be around the same level as Wallace when I try to challenge his gym. I swept both of their teams by using Primal Kyogre
5/22/2019 c7 1AgitatedDog9288
Thanks for writing this! I found it quite fun.
3/9/2019 c7 FrostyChops
This was really good :D Really "captured" that feeling of that reluctant need to catch ALL the legendaries. Very funny, glad I read it!
2/28/2019 c7 Lila
Oh my god, i love this so much thank youuuuuu.
6/19/2018 c1 Seele Zeit
This is fantastic. I've always wanted to know how trainers feel when you casually sent out a god to beat up their cute little pokemon. Or just reacting to you HAVING the legendaries in the first place!
4/18/2018 c5 4CrystalRei
Think my favorite part of this chapter might be the logical conclusions you take using the Legendaries in battle to. And May's attempts to foist them off - it just adds to the humor.
4/18/2018 c4 CrystalRei
I love the increasing absurdity as the story goes on, though I think the first chapter is still the best.

Small typo: [[ignored all commands to instead go did itself a hole to sleep in]] - I think you want "dig" there.
4/18/2018 c2 CrystalRei
[[Her dad didn't raise her to back down (unfortunately, despite his best efforts)]] - That line made me literally laugh out loud.
4/18/2018 c1 CrystalRei
I like this perception of how May's attempt to stop Team Aqua went. Commentary on how NPCs never do anything (on-screen) in the games is grating for me, but you did it well and made it funny. I'm glad Steven et al were at least /trying/, and the argument ties well into the humor genre of the story.

And May's impulsiveness throughout this chapter, and the way it's described (generally where the word "stupid" is involved) is a nice piece of characterization.

I also really like your description of the Cave of Origin. No particular reason, it just sounds neat. My experience play in Hoenn is from the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and I'm reminded of the shaking/footsteps you hear throughout your trip to the bottom. The battle also had some fun bits - I particularly liked the two-on-one line and the way you incorporated the one game mechanic with "it's in the red." I could totally see one of the player characters thinking in those terms if they were a gamer, even if it's not literal.

The ending of the second-to-last scene was really funny too. Humor is generally hit-or-miss for me. This one's absurdism is on the 'hit' side.
2/24/2018 c3 5Sarielgrace
Jesus Christ, May
2/8/2018 c1 Thornado
That poor luvdisc lmao.
1/9/2018 c7 7rayningnight
That was a fun read! Especially after finishing ORAS :D
1/9/2018 c7 Terrakid20
This was good but I think you should have had more of an original storyline. Maybe hoopa could have an involvment with the story and May would be chasing it down? I don't know. Ill give it a 7 out of 10
9/27/2017 c7 63general zargon
LOL, I thought this was pretty funny. :) I enjoyed this story and the laughs it gave me, and I wish you the best of luck on your writing!
8/17/2017 c7 jwang
I love how you started things off by getting yourself caught. Fun read, I love your style of conveying the sense of exasperation as the protagonists are dragged into messes that they have no desire to be in.
43 Page 1 .. Last Next »