for Rules of Brooklyn

4/14 c1 10Anna W
God I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! Spot is my favorite newsie by far, and you really do a good job of capturing him. I also like that you have the written rules, and the unwritten rules. I bet his boys know every single one of each. "Spot's strict but he's fair"...this is totally him. "never lay a hand on spot's girl"...yeah I bet he's soak the life out of anyone that gave her a glance. Does he have one girl or just any of his girls? I LOVE YOUR SPOT. this is awesome. that is all.
8/15/2017 c1 6WordyAF
O. M. G. My Perfect Disaster originally opened with Jack thinking about the rules of Brooklyn/dealing with Spot Conlon, but I did away with it pretty quickly because I didn't like Jack POV! And it's like that idea floated along through the Newsie-sphere right were it belonged to you! And it's amazing! Spot would so have it written and tacked up. Ass.
7/5/2017 c1 14xxWickedWench
you know, i always thought the rules of brooklyn would be an unspoken one; something you figured out either the easy or the hard way. but now that i see then written here, i feel like it's a very spot conlon thing to do to write them out on paper and tack it somewhere. just so there's no questions about the way things run. almost like a "you've seen the rules so don't ask questions when i soak ya outta nowhere."

definitely got a few giggles out of me! i would love to see this characterization of spot in future works! tough but fair. i love it. great job!

xx wicked
7/2/2017 c1 6Jean-Moddalle
this gave me a smile.
good work.

Salut JM.
7/1/2017 c1 23KatyRose4
I never even thought about Spot having rules, but it makes a lot of sense. And they definitely seem in tune with his cold demeanor- especially that last part. Keep up the good work! :)

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service