for Wraith

5/25/2018 c1 5TheSecondBestBed
Wow, this was an impactful story. Poor Gunther :( so tortured by Al's evil words. It's simple to see why they'd get to him, they were terribly worrying after all-and he's so sweet, waiting outside Jane's door to protect her for SO many nights. UGH my babe ; ~; Beautifully written, I think you captured Gunther's inner struggles, even those from his childhood, very well.
8/17/2017 c1 biscuitweevil
Gunther's despair is so tangible. Brilliant work, as always.
7/8/2017 c1 9yingyanggirl
Great job!
7/8/2017 c1 79SunRise19
Awww, poor Gunther! I loved this! Brilliant work! I just want to hug him cause he does so have a chance! Wonderful job!
7/8/2017 c1 Thisisbee
Oh poor Gunther! He has never had it easy :(. I cannot wait to see where this goes next!
7/8/2017 c1 26lareepqg
Ok, seriously. Why do we have to torture them so much? Why do we get such malicious joy out of it? (Though I am right there with you, lol)

Poor Gunther! He’s not eating, he can’t sleep, his dreams are darker than ever, and it's clearly affecting his judgment. His paranoia is justified -of course- but it’s gnawing away at him. Algernon himself is an insidious poison on his tortured soul. You’ve managed to convey all of this (his insecurities, his desperation, his love) in a few short words. It packs an emotional punch- and makes me want to hug him.

I especially love the downward spiral you put him on. It’s not just Algernon that has him feeling like an outsider, it is everything. It is so very real. When we’re depressed, it’s hard to focus on anything positive. Suddenly every negative thing is so much greater, heavier, and that much harder to bear. His lack of family, the emptiness he feels from his father, the other knights- Gunther is even questioning his friendships in the castle. And if that’s not enough (because it never is when you are in that swirling black gyre) he’s unable to see anything worthy about himself.

Then he’s putting Jane on a pedestal, which isn’t fair to her of course. Jane is far from perfect- but he’s looking at her through his own foggy glasses. Who needs equal footing, you little thundercloud? We’re here, dear Gunther, out in the peanut gallery, pulling for you. Support from the great, all-knowing Authors and Readers.

Thank you for this look inside Gunther’s head. It is so well done, and so very real. Now if you don’t mind, I am going to go cry myself into a little puddle.
7/8/2017 c1 204Jatd4ever
You don't know how much of my other love letter fic is somewhat related to this. Oh Gunther, I really do sense how pained he is. We've put him through a lot in this story game, though I'm sure you're already used to doing that.

Someone, anyone, put a stop to the evil Algernon.