FanFiction.Net

Great!
2/19/2019 c1 Doctor131412
Great Story!
7/15/2017 c1 Smithy
Glad you add some humanity with a cat. I own a cat and he's a loony little thing,
7/12/2017 c1 71Tanith2011
Excellent to see you continue with a sequel. I had been looking forward to reading it.

What a character you have crafted as Jeannie’s husband! It reminds me of the film series "The Stepfather" minus children. I'm glad that kids were not in the picture here. That would complicate matters.

I think you did a great job by writing these stories post SOSF by showing how things could change with all the characters. It was sad imagining Jeannie as a more vulnerable character than what we have seen in the series but after losing her previous husband in your story "Passage of Time Can Change The Heart", it's understandable and expected that she suffered some emotional scarring which led to her marrying a low-life jerk.

I loved the last line - very nicely written and ties in with the special addition to the Stone family. Having adopted a black kitten early this year, I can relate to the joy they bring into a family. I'm glad after all Jeannie went through that something positive has come from it. Both Jeannie and Hope are a blessing to each other.

Well done!
7/12/2017 c1 Amanda England
What a lovely story and a nice surprise to find it ! Thank you I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to your next adventure.
7/11/2017 c1 JEM
That was a quick update to the previous story you must have done a lot of research in a short time. Steve coming on with a heavy warning at the end, really enjoyed it. Well done.
7/10/2017 c1 Helenem
What an incredibly well done sequel, handled with care and sensitivity. You really nailed having Jeannie taking Hope with her. So many women won't leave the abusive relationship to go to a shelter, women's shelters are not equipped to take in pets and just as Jeannie knew, the abuser will often threaten harm to the pet to keep the woman from leaving. Luckily for Jeannie she has an amazing support system, so many women don't. Fortunately Jeannie had the sense to bring the paperwork with her to make it easier for her to get the annulment. I'm so glad you are continuing to write!
7/10/2017 c1 1Sylvia Elaine
Great sequel to the previous story and a difficult subject well researched and handled extremely sensitively. I'm sorry to hear your own sister had to suffer a marriage like that but it gave you good personal insight into the problem and allowed you to write with confident knowledge of the problems too. It's also good to see that Mike, Steve and Jeannie still share their unfailing love and respect for each other. I loved the addition of the cat into the family. How long before Steve can wrap that little female feline around his little finger too. LOL. I'm also intrigued as to how Bill Tanner has jumped from Police Inspector to piloting private jets! Does he own it? There surely has to be a separate story there for you to spin and us to read. I was expecting trouble from Trahan...maybe a lunge or a punch at Steve...but nevertheless he showed his true colours by not signing the papers. In one respect it's a shame he couldn't have been prosecuted for murder of one of his previous wives but, on the other hand, I'm glad for her sake that he never actually took her life. One other point...at the very end you say Jeannie never heard from Trahan again. I think you missed an opportunity there for another sequel but, then again, maybe none of us are up to seeing Jeannie suffer further abuse. I think where you left it is about right. Now you're back in a writing mode I hope we get more stories from you. Very enjoyable. Thank you.
7/9/2017 c1 14Tonyrobbertsen
An excellent sequel. I could feel Mike's and Steve's relief to see Jeannie unharmed, escaped right on time from that beast. And the marriage could be annulled so soon.
Besides I love the part of Hope. Yes animals do sense who is good and who is bad.
7/9/2017 c1 Guest Again
Thank you for the follow up story, it was a real lesson in not judging the strength of a woman caught in such a situation. "There were some days it was good..." that would be the hope that one might hang onto, hoping to reach the person they thought they married. A very complicated issue and I did feel Jeannie's strength. Thanks for the story, another Bravo from me.