for Frayed Knots

3/20/2018 c9 88Bookworm Gal
Got to love cross-cultural chaos. Though Anti-Cosmo's enthusiasm to explain everything to everyone is extreme (I sounded a bit like Mona right there). He's currently a bit manic, which is probably making it more extreme. But yeah, nice work on this chapter. I still want to smack Ambrosine on the back of his head. I can hold grudges against people/characters for quite some time. But I definitely enjoyed this update. Good luck as you continue.
3/20/2018 c9 29Jet Engine
So, he's finally been diagnosed. And, as usual, he does not know when to stop talking.

It's always fun for me to learn about other people's headcanons, and yours are particularly detailed, which I like. I think what amuses me the most about this chapter is the fact that Julius just wanted to take an intelligence test, but he spent the entire chapter doing anything but.
3/6/2018 c8 Jet Engine
A box of stillborns. Whoops! Wait, they eat that? Am I reading that right? Uh, okay, let's just let that slide for now.

I'm not a biology person, and most of this fictional biology anyway, so most of it is kind of lost on me. But, I get the gist.

And, Jorgen. Oh, Jorgen, you really need to pay more attention to things.
3/6/2018 c8 88Bookworm Gal
While it was nice to see Jorgen von Strangle and get this first interaction, this chapter definitely went into some very unexpected directions. I do believe that you've just hinted at how you're planning to address the baby anti-fairy from that one picture you've been mentioning occasionally. I'm also curious about the canteen that can no longer be opened that used to belong to Anti-Robin. With your writing, it is important to latch onto details like that.
2/20/2018 c7 29Jet Engine
What do you say about this chapter that hasn't already been said? It's very informative, and I think Thimble and Winkleglint will be just fine. Also, the Anti-Buster/Anti-Dusty thing... That's interesting.

I like that fairies eat in the dark. It amuses me more than it should, honestly.
2/20/2018 c7 88Bookworm Gal
At least he didn't descend into violence. That's good. He wasn't able to fix things like he wanted, but he certainly tried. And he certainly learned a few things. Including a reference to Anti-Wanda and Anti-Blonda from what it sounds like. Not to mention we learned a big secret for Anti-Buster. That was cool. Nicely done.
2/6/2018 c6 29Jet Engine
I like Mr. Thimble. He seems nice. Also, Anti-Cosmo never knows when to keep his mouth shut, does he?
Lots of information in this chapter. And, embarrassment. There was that, too. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.
2/6/2018 c6 88Bookworm Gal
I like the little touch of the whole "knocking on wood" superstition causing issues with doors. And the fact that anti-fairies don't forget would make the teaching style used in regular school (repetition and reciting facts) a bit monotonous for Anti-Cosmo after a while. Learning to apply the knowledge he learns in practical ways and different circumstances could still be helpful though. And we got a very nice history lesson for genies. I still adore the fact that you've made their original home to be Mars. It is just a nice touch.

But it looks like Anti-Cosmo is a strong (and fast) advocate for justice. He's going to overturn millions of years of established behavior and tradition for the fairies all on his own. Starting with defending his teacher (who he literally just met that day, though he is certainly a nice guy) against his principal. The kid has weak magic, can't fly with his wings bound, and hasn't even hit double digits in age yet, but he's ready for a battle to the death. Not that AC can die, but still...

I have a feeling that this will not look good for the whole "let's start bringing the anti-fairies to school with the rest of us" thing...
1/23/2018 c5 29Jet Engine
First look at the anti-pixies, some unfortunate information about Julius's father, and...a deal with the interpretive dance sub-community? Don't know. Don't want to. Let's just laugh and pretend that's not weird. And, Spellementary School. That's gonna interesting.

Y'know, great minds really do think alike. Some of the stuff in this chapter reminds of things that'll go down in my works. Not saying what, but yeah.
1/23/2018 c5 88Bookworm Gal
Well, this was certainly an emotionally-turbulent day. Not to mention we have Anti-Cosmo's vivid imagination running away with him. He's discovered evidence of the first anti-pixie and concocted a very elaborate fantasy based off only a few pieces of information. But he's young. It happens. We'll just have to wait and see how this and the news about him going to school will work out.
1/9/2018 c4 29Jet Engine
Hi, Ambrosine! Hi, Emery!

Poor little Julius. They want him to do the thing he doesn't want to do. At least, we know his brains won't go to waste.

I like the training room. Lots of stuff that kind of reminds me of this one series I've been reading. It's a good series, so that's a compliment.
1/9/2018 c4 88Bookworm Gal
So it turns out that Anti-fairies have a knack for feng shui. And that while Anti-Cosmo would make a great architect according to these guys, he has no interest in it whatsoever. Meanwhile, we get to see HP's family. That was a cool way to tie things together. Great work and good luck on more soon.
11/14/2017 c3 29Jet Engine
Frayed knots. I see what you did there.

I like Mona. I like her little speaks-in-alliterations quirk. Was it hard to write her dialogue like that?

Of course, Anti-Wanda's a Sky, so Julius would have been fine if he'd waited, but that's his problem. Can't wait to see what happens when he meets his real partner.
11/14/2017 c3 88Bookworm Gal
And so Anti-Cosmo decided to cheat destiny and fate by lying to Mona and pairing off with her. And we get a hint of why you've called this story "Frayed Knots," which is really quite clever. But it honestly isn't wise to start off any kind of relationship, whether romantic or friendship, with a lie. Building something on a false foundation will only lead to eventual collapse.

But on that note, I do like Mona. She seems fun.
10/24/2017 c2 29Jet Engine
I don't think that's how you play Throw.

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Anti-Bryndin, but I like him. He taught us a lot of interesting stuff about anti-fairy culture, and he seems like a nice enough guy.

And, poor little Julius. It cannot be fun having your wings tied together.

I want to squeeze the little guy until he pops! :D
63 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »