FanFiction.Net
for Dinner with the Inquisition

12/3/2021 c5 Blazer
Absolutely intriguing.. very underated.. we need more stories about the inquisition like this..
5/21/2021 c5 Mr. 16384
Ooh, this was a fun mystery. Part of me wants to stick up for Amberly, but like, as reasonable as she ends up being portrayed in the Cain books, it doesn't seem too out of place for her to be a bit casually ruthless in pursuit of her goals. She's still an Inquisitor. Good stuff.
9/10/2017 c5 1The-Black-Prince-Thomas
Liked this story. It was a very enjoyable read. Thanks for writing it.
8/26/2017 c4 2Ro Kyle Carlyle
That is an interesting point about the fan film "The Lord Inquisitor". I have seen it and think the depiction of the parade is spectacular, but my main inspiration for Karamazov's parade is a piece of artwork from one of the source books; that's where the image of the burning crucifixes came from. I would love to give more credit to some of the artwork, because 40K has some gloriously evocative images, but I can barely ever work out who the artists are. Still, the one I'm thinking of comes up in the first few hits for Fyodor Karamazov.
8/13/2017 c4 6Toraach
Also Orelius could be suspected.

Karamazov is a big madman, that's true. Tzuma or Amberley are just typical intrigants.

I like all that small stuff about everyday life in the Imperium. Just like the descrption in the previous chapter how Red Robes eat.
8/13/2017 c3 Toraach
I forgot to mention that in previous reviews, but a description of the inquisitorial parade reminds me a parade from a great fan movie avaible on youtube called "The lord inquisitor".

I wonder. Do Jack and Maternin fiku-miku sometimes?

Wow! Pasztet! Why did you use this word? That's mysterious.

I see that you suprised us :)

For Karamazow. He has such russian name. I hoped that he would have been more russian. I mean drinking and being funny during drinking, and burning people on hangover. That was like in the NKVD. They killed people but in breaks between that they drank and had fun, they weren't all the time stiff and uptight. Example, this with buckwheat bread, if that had some grease spred on it, I would say that he is building a "fundation" for heavy vodka drinking.
8/11/2017 c2 Toraach
I like how Tzuma was trolled by someone who sold him a false relic :)

That's of course a good chapter, and many interesting things there. A good story.
8/9/2017 c4 Guest
Tau technology...Xenos...Ordo of Xenos
8/10/2017 c1 Toraach
A good story. A nice settling. How to say, that you show us a new piece of the Imperium with a great briliance and a very picturesque and living landscape. Those characters are also interesting and have something to offer, in a matter of reading about them. How diffrent are all those people and their agendas and personalities.

One historical tip. The Spanish Inquisition wasn't a primitive evil force used to scarry children. No. It was well organized, serious and much more just than state organs of that time, which is important to look how comparable systems of justice looked during this period 16-17th centuries. I mean during the inquisitorial trial there was a big chance to being find guiltless, when the secular courts didn't have time for such details. Also most of the witch hunt was in protestant countries. But I'm not going into witch huntings more, that's a complicated matter and very falsely described in the popculture. The Spanish Inquisition rarely did involved itself with them, and even in rare big cases of witch trials they were much milder than in other countries and investigations tried to find the reason in that. In early 17th century the inquisitor called Alonso de Salazar Frías caused that the Spanish Inquisition nearly ceased bothering itself with witches, because that was labelled as unimportant "fantasy".
8/1/2017 c3 hydrianway1013
It gets intriguing...
our Trader gets to be an Amateur assasin!
now, who has ze bomb?
10 creds on that being NOT Karamazov!
7/22/2017 c2 1farisr
Ooh,the plot thickens. I do like where this story is going.
7/15/2017 c1 farisr
Intriguing story,so far. I'm exceedingly interested in how this plays out. With a mix of radical and puritan factions of the Inquisition,mixing in Ordos politics,this will certainly be quite the tale. I'm glad that your Rogue Trader is interacting with the Holy Ordos in such a dignified and formal fashion. Maybe throw a few references in,in later chapters,with the addition of other Inquisitors later,during the dinner. I wonder if those Inquisitiors will have retinues of familiar characters,from throughout the Imperium.