for Broken

6/6/2018 c1 5TheSecondBestBed
Gunther just went from having an unlucky day to a pretty horrific week! It'd sad the way he beats himself up for not joining Jester, though if I'm honest I'd do the same in his shoes. It isn't his fault of course but I
7/16/2017 c1 204Jatd4ever
Dang it Gunther.. He was just... And they are just... I think I'm going to have to rip my heart out now. I'm glad jane is going to be okay. Still, both Jester and Jane are in bad shape. I assume war is a strong possibility, or an execution. Even through all of janes pain, she said it was the princess which was hurting her.

Ugh! Why did we start this game? It's been this rollercoaster. I have never seen so many fics posted on such a short time. Seriously, this story game has literally become the only stuff I've been reading. Thank you for this piece, it's really great.
7/16/2017 c1 2Solitaire44
Good GRACIOUS the imagery! THE IMAGERY in this story! The dark woods, Jane's hair splayed on the dirt, her lashes and cheeks dusted with grime, the moonless night...I just CANNOT! This was an incredible delight to read, and I love your use of scenery in this particular addition to the story game.
Keep up the beautiful work!
7/16/2017 c1 Lily
My Godness, thank everything that Gunther found her. Broken, hurt and yet still barley alive, but that is better then the alternative. But poor Lavinia, I hope she I see alright. Does not this mean war now that the princess has been stolen?
I love this story game!
7/16/2017 c1 79SunRise19
OMGOSH, thank goodness she's been found! My Gosh what a story! A continuation! GOSH! I can't breathe! I do wonder why they just left her in the open? I hope Lavinia can be found! She must be so scared!
7/16/2017 c1 26lareepqg
Gunther is having a Very Bad Day.

Isn’t it strange how you can go from having a perfectly normal day, with mundane cares and minor problems that SEEM major, to having life kick you right in the face and show you what ACTUAL problems are really like?

Poor Gunther, he’s really been put through the wringer with this one. He’s got guilt, mopey-dopey pouting, disgust, fear, horror, terror, worry, MORE fear, then piles panic, of self-loathing and more guilt.

Notes on imagery: LOVE the contrast of the dingy ship with the brightly lit day. It would throw Gunther for a loop for sure. “Wild, glazed, unseeing eyes of a panicked animal.” Considering all the nobles went hunting, including Algernon (har), we can’t help but feel Jane is prey and Gunther some accidentally flushed animal.

“Fleetingly, ...he hopes that Jane’s day is going better than his…” Nope. We’re terrible people. LOL. Beyond that, it's an excellent bit of foreshadowing, and if Gunther were superstitious he’d have stopped what he was doing to knock on wood. I feel that foreshadowing again when Gunther wishes he had water. He is parched, and his mouth feels raw-Jane has had PLENTY of water for the day, thankyouverymuch.

I love Gunther’s mad dash through the forest, looking for Jane. UGH, so ridiculously terrifying. I was right there with him. Did you feel like you ran a marathon once you were done? I know I did. Ugh, his hopelessness. I cried right along with him. And OF COURSE he sees her hair first- with the little shaft of light illuminating it? Even unconscious, Jane still somehow manages to shine like the sun.

“Who looks terrible now?” and “Rude” and “That..is..what is hurting me.” They are just so them.

Thank you for yet another breath-taking, beautiful, heart-rending addition to this story game. Well-done.