for The Great Pretenders

3/18/2018 c4 iloveron321
Oh my f #king god! That’s was amazing! Literally read it all in 20 mins! Please don’t ever stop writing!
2/14/2018 c4 CherriiBlossomss
Awww! I love Ness so much! Their like my favorite ship and you are bringing it back to life! Your a fantastic writer and I can't wait to read more!
10/14/2017 c4 70cosmictrap
im grinning like a freaking idjit. I love this so much!
9/6/2017 c4 1MillerDay21622
Ummmm. Gimme more. Or well sue you
9/4/2017 c4 DreamsOfSleepingIn
Ha! I love the trope of two people having to hide together. Delightfully unexpected and great way to ramp up the tension.

Great Schmidt one-liners. Of course he would find out from an Instagram post. "butt-faced friend" LOL, I can totally hear Max Greenfield saying that.

Love the detail on Nick's inner voice. It's very Nick to have that sort of internal struggle and builds on the canon about having Nick overthink everything to the point that he would apologize to Jess for something they both want.

Heh, Nick is a Flat Earther? Of course he is. #Conspiracy Theory Nick #the shadows are off

"If you're not man enough to handle all of this..." Now I'm hearing Nick say "You're being very heteronormative right now" but it fits in the context of Jess trying to goad Nick. A lot of Nick's character arc is about trying to define what 'being a man' means.

Lovely in-chapter arc with Nick being uncertain and finally making that choice. Great intentional or unintentional parallel with "Cooler"

Great turn with both of them fighting to be the dominant one. Don't see that in a lot of smut in fics.

I always love the detail of Nick making Jess feel in control of her sexuality. That was meant to be Jess's original character arc, going out with guys she didn't feel passion for and not feeling like she had to be with them because they were "nice guys" and not having to pretend to be someone else like she had to be Katie for Sam in order to feel that way. Jess was the catalyst for Nick but Nick was supposed to be the catalyst for Jess in the same way.

Really natural transition on the mood shifts. Add great dynamic contrast to the scene.

I'm sure a lot of people over on the GC appreciate the mention of condoms for smut trope bingo :)

Nice reversal with having Jess being the insecure one at the end and Nick being the one to comfort her.

Sad to see this fic be finished...Any chance of an epilogue? 5 years later? Pretending to be other people/lovers who meet with different, convoluted backstories could be a game they play at future weddings they go to.
9/4/2017 c4 Guest
Holy he'll that was so hot. I sad it's done, you are such a good writer and I would love to see if you could explore their relationship a bit more.
9/4/2017 c4 WonTaekYourHeart
you describe "sexual tension" between Ness with well-writen. Fight-Confession-Sex just like an old time. Good job i love it thank you for the fic. if there's more i would love to read again. Big Thanks for the fic!
9/2/2017 c3 Guest
I can't wait for Nick and Jess to fuck.
8/30/2017 c2 Guest
This is absolutely amazing. Please don't ever stop, the sequel tension between these two is top notch. Thank you thank you thank you
8/30/2017 c3 DreamsOfSleepingIn
Great build in this chapter. Puts more nuance and subtlety into their relationship than a straight just-smut fic.

Nice reversal of expectation when they try to recreate the photobooth moment but it doesn't work.

The car accident/Tanya birthday scene is a nice way to show how much Nick cares for Jess outside of just the physical. I also liked how you cut the sweetness by still having them argue about Nick being a free bartender. Nick caring for Jess is a great trope but it can get a little cloying sometimes if you don't put other character beats to break it up.

The best line was about Jess keeping an emergency makeup bag in her car in case she meets the man of her dreams while out shopping in her PJs :)

You really brought it home with some great tropes in the last scene: fake gf becomes fake wife, Nick dancing for Jess, Nick/Jess sharing a quiet moment together under the stars.

Ah and now the fic has taken up a life of its own! I was thinking 3-parter but more is better :)
8/30/2017 c3 WonTaekYourHeart
it's sweet, i love it. Nick and Jess are meant for each other. i want to see more soon. thank you for an update!
8/29/2017 c2 25Newgirlystuff
So a year and a half later I finally read chapter two and OH. MY. GOSH. What? Lady, this is so good. And so hot. I'm a fan of the public but not public sex and dear lord, this was so sexy. I'm gonna go read it again because I feel like treating myself tonight. I can't wait for chapter three!
8/23/2017 c2 WonTaekYourHeart
OK THIS IS WOW JUST WOW AND I LOVED IT!
8/23/2017 c2 youcantmakemee
omfg... this was amazing. I love this slow burn, it reminds me S2, the best one ever. this teasing is unbearable and awesome at the same time. can't wait for chapter 3!
8/23/2017 c2 5loadofschmidt
Loved loved loved this chapter! Gotta appreciate that slow burn ness heat! Eagerly awaiting the update.. no pressure but also PRESSURE
25 Page 1 2 Next »