for Crawling

8/13/2017 c1 46LRRH17
What a fantastic story. This is my favorite kind of Lokibitter, mad, and all too aware of himself. (And, Odin's line about telling the Kursed where to go literally hurt my heart.) Loved it!
8/10/2017 c1 13GoodForBad
DUDE

OH MY GOD

NEVER IN THE SPAN OF THE ALMOST FOUR YEARS SINCE TDW WAS RELEASED DID I EVER EVEN CONSIDER THIS AS A POSSIBILITY BUT

Holy SHIT this is actually amazing.

Odin coming to Loki first makes way too much sense. I do, admittedly, underestimate the guy but when you think about it…of course knew. Of course he did. It was obvious even to the viewer that Thor was going to betray him and in this context, if Odin had wanted to stop them he TOTALLY could have. So this fic not only gives credence to Odin’s whole “All-Father” status, but to Loki’s cunning deception as well. Ooo…that was just woven too perfectly. Too. Perfectly.

I really like how well you portrayed Loki’s pain here. It’s so raw, it’s so recent, it’s so in-line with who we know he is as a character (reserved, bitter, pained, haunted – I could go on). What touched me was how obvious it still is that the part of his heart that WANTS his father’s approval is far from dead. It lingers on, even though he hates him. And haven’t we talked about before that love and hate are actually intertwined? God, what a perfect demonstration of that. It’s like there wasn’t even a question in his mind. He just…abided by the request. In a lot of ways, he’s so much like his father, whether or not he realizes it.

Odin knowing that Loki was part of the scheme the whole time is blowing my damn mind, and if it’s not included in Ragnarok I am going to be PISSED. And speaking of which, very nicely done with the casual mention of Ragnarok in there. That impressed me beyond what words can convey, but you know I’m a sucker for the subtle things.

I think my favorite part (and trust me, this was hard to narrow down) was the present moment being overlapped by quotes from the past. It just formed such a cohesive picture, and beautifully tied in past happenings with the very real present. “What he wouldn’t have done for the ridiculous offer two years prior” REALLY got to me. That single line perfectly encapsulates just how much he’s changed – how much he’s been through, how far he’s fallen. It’s insane to compare the two, really. A whole world apart…

Needless to say, I’m positively glowing with happiness at the originality of this one-shot. I can’t believe this possibility never even dawned on me before, but I love the direction you went with it. The whole thing just felt permeated with this deep sense of loss, not only because of Frigga’s death, but because of all the things that could have been if not for…[fill in the blank]. Oh my god, this was just so incredible. Amazing, amazing job.