for OUT OF THE ASHES

10/24/2020 c80 Susan
I really enjoyed this story. I have to be honest though - I have a pretty hard time envisioning Rory with Marty..He played such s weak man as her movie pal before her relationship at Yale, and then again as he lied to her throughout his time with Lucy...Also how did he get from having to work 3 jobs at Yale to becoming a partner in a law firm and being wealthy? I also question him becoming a roomate t Colin st law school, and later his partner. All not very realistic...
I think the better partner for Rory after Ace should have been Finn..
Again, good read! I appreciate it being more a novel, instead of most fan fics which are short stories and incomplete - often ending in cliff hangers..
Maybe your next writing can be about Finn & Rory...
8/21/2020 c1 olgaaznarez1
I just remembered we read the story and I finally finished it because it was so sad from the beginning that she lost her grandfather and then six months exactly she lost your mom and ovary and cancer is not cool because I have a friend that has it and she still alive but she takes it for granted sometimes but I’m proud to say that I really love the story for me to reread it and it’s an AU but it’s good it’s really good I was wondering why you stopped writing go I mean you shouldn’t pay any attention to anyone that puts you down brush it off and just keep on moving forward I do because people don’t like my attitude as I am straight to the point and blunt and I tell it too your face. I’m like you don’t like it there’s a door don’t let it kick you by your butt I don’t need your bullshit and your negativity in my life delete you or block you simple
5/1/2020 c43 1Dellypoo
So, I'm rereading this instead of working on a paper on The Crying Game (damn movie). I've never been a Marty fan; something about him just always rubbed me the wrong way, but I have to say that I'm enjoying this Marty on the second read even more. He's assertive, but not aggressive with Rory. And the way he's taken to calling Little Ace, his son, their son, is just so endearing. Okay, I'm tired, and need to think more on the heteronormativity of The Crying Game.
9/19/2018 c16 Guest
Good premise, but had to stop reading because the grammar was unbearable. But otherwise, decent start.
7/6/2018 c76 Kmpcarter
I am loving this story. I can not imagine anyone being rude! The only inconsistency that that I found so far as the description of Rory's dress for the LBD event. I can't wait to keep reading and see how it ends. I have never heard of where you said your stories will be after this, but I will have to look.
6/20/2018 c80 Miguel51
While I loved that the story’s endgame was Team Nudist, the whole plot seemed a tad convoluted at times (something I’m often guilty of in my writing as well) and some of the characters acted pretty OoC as well. That said, the fact that this is your first outing is impressive nonetheless. Your pacing is decent, I’ll definitely give you that. The prose itself can be messy but not so much so that the reader is unable to follow, so that’s probably just me quibbling. The thing I liked most though is how you didn’t demonize Logan (which is something I struggle with, truth be told). Keep it up.
5/9/2018 c80 kerrymom
What a fantastic story! It was so different and I enjoyed a different pairing. I am so glad my rule is to only read completed stories aalthough the 80 chapters had me thinking twice about it. Took me two days but I thoroughly enjoyed the time. Keep writing!
5/7/2018 c80 Guest
Truly enjoyed this story. I would've liked to see more before the end though. Thank you for sharing
5/7/2018 c80 Guest
Great story I have loved this
5/7/2018 c80 Alberta girl
Bravo! Well done! Please continue writing as you most certainly have a gift for it. I have enjoyed the journey of Rory and Marty and all the twists and turns.
5/7/2018 c80 Guest
Kudos to you for finishing your first story. It was quite an undertaking for a first time author. I am glad I continued reading it even after you blocked my messages to you and further reviews. Please forgive my momentary poor judgement in posting a slightly negative comment and continue pursuing your writing without caring whether you’re pleasing everyone. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into writing this story and thank you for making me smile in the end. It was a HEA in the end.
5/7/2018 c80 3jldp3
Thank you all for reading my first story. You can find my new story which is a Finn/Rory story is being published write now on Wattpad.
5/7/2018 c80 2Kualabear
Such a good story. Thanks so much for sharing your gift of writing with us. Such an interesting twist! My ONLY criticism is that it feels like the tense switches but maybe it’s a natural way to shift how you are telling the story. Anyway it was an amazing read! Thanks!
5/5/2018 c78 Kualabear
Oh my gosh! Please write more. I am enjoying this story. Sorry for all the negative comments! It’s Ike moms everywhere say... if you can’t say anything nice then don’t say anything at all!
5/2/2018 c78 Alberta girl
Great chapter. Update soon please! :)
267 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »