FanFiction.Net
for Diary of Time

1/6 c30 wolfgang108
Didn't Blaise get killed by Mad-Eye the day after the Cemetery scene ? Didn't Harry already take Dumbledore and a few others down into the Chamber, then into the statue's mouth. Had already found all the books (teased Hermione about it).
1/3 c42 Doctor Lumos
It has become my hobit not to comment on stories midstream. So I certainly noted from your author's notes that many were upset with some of the twists that your book took, and I can certainly see why. In addition, looks like it has been 4-5 years since this story was written, so you may not even follow comments any more.
There were indeed some nice twists. the idea of not actually being the person back in time has merits to be sure.
There werte times when you forgot things that had already been done, for example Salazar's library behind the statue was discovered twice, and Charlie was supposedly blocking off escape from the Turkey shoot after ha had already been killed. Not sure having someone look over your writing before you published was aa scommon then though, mistakes happen in what is not fully edited.
I did like a lot of it to be sure, but certainly are left with some questions. When Nagini was taken out, Harry suddenly had a sword and he was not sure how when he lost his knife. Logic would indicate that it was the sword of gryffindor perhaps, but how, or why, unknown, so it becomes without explanation an annecessary addition.
In I believe it was the penultimate chapter, a lot of time was spent on what would be revealed at a future time for clocure, such as who the original Harry had married and whom had died the first time. Not then releasing some of those facts, bothered me more than most anything else. Even if it had just been, Harry noting it, and then not divulging it even to us, or his reflecting on who had been saved compared to who had been lost. Or even how some of those amazing inventions were of value.
Yes there were the parseltongue books, but that is lost knowledge not knew knowledge. Perhaps a chat of ne Harry with a younger Bishop to tie that in. How about how elves were natural enemies to giants and trolls but not used in the Turkey Shoot, despite the earlier elevation of Dobby to family member.
I am quite sure that it is really hard to wrap things up with something this large, but those are things that troubled me. Thank you for your story.
1/1 c42 Ed
Soooooo... Old Harry's entire reason for going back in time was to reduce the number of deaths, very well done. He did better than his good Ol Dumbledork ever did! He managed to change things enough to wipe out an entire two years worth of students on top of all the Death Eaters, BRAVO!

Old Harry should have kept his crinkly old arse in the future.

Not a particularly satisfying read in any way... it's all loses all the way down. Not recommended.
12/24/2023 c32 lx
wtf this all angt sh*t
12/12/2023 c22 Books85
I had always thought goblins were more similar to the ferengi (considering 'the rules of acquisition') but you are right in this case; the post-battle drinking spree is all Klingon.
Thanks!
12/11/2023 c17 Books85
And here I thought that Professor Sprout was talking about axmagical variant of kudzu.

This is a most absorbing tale. Freeing Harry from the Dursleys would loose the meek and humble aspects of Harry's personality. Maybe him being healthier and more fit contribute to this Harry's higher aggression. This one doesn't turn his anger inward.

Thanks!
11/9/2023 c3 gusjo
Ok, just no. While this fic isn't terrible overall the very idea that old Harry would risk the troll scene after all butterfly effects is just unreasonable. If this kind of thing keeps happening I just don't think I'll be able to finish it as it will just bother me endlessly.
10/28/2023 c32 Dumbles Basher
Her name is DOLORES Umbridge. If you do not know why, I suggest you pull out a dictionary.
8/5/2023 c1 Kerrion
The Whole N word with the hard R. You could have had Harry explain to hermione what mudblood meant without using the N word i mean you spelt the whole word out with er. Then having harry going around hitting people? I cant believe you had him hitting hermione! I could not read this story. So many awful things in it and this harry is the worse harry i have ever read.
7/5/2023 c12 Molenir
More irrational anger from Potter. Snape and Lupan happen to be walking by on the 7th floor? Really. Seriously, really could have written that better.
7/5/2023 c6 Molenir
There's really too much irrational anger. Ginny instantly hates Harry because of the diary. The rest of the Weasleys start physically and verbally attacking him for no reason. Just completely irrational.
6/12/2023 c9 30Vance McGill
Why hasn't Harry turned in Molly for her breach in the Statute of Secrecy back in September of 1991 at King's Cross?
4/27/2023 c3 Guest
In the book (and I don't give a damn about the movies) Quirrel DID shake Harry's hand. He wasn't possessed yet.

Potions, in canon, was with the Slytherins. NOT with Hufflepuff. Any explanation for that? Or is this a typical example of the-author-needs-it-for-the-plot-so-it-happens-because-the-author-says-so?

And what the hell is Neville doing casting Accio, which is a FOURTH-YEAR SPELL?

Now, I don't know what happened afterwards, because that's where I stopped reading. Your apparent lack of canon knowledge aside, this story also looks more like a poorly pieced together summary than an actual story.

Finally, when I scrolled down to post this review, I noticed the last few lines of this chapter. Ginny didn't even realize the boy she met was Harry Potter? And for some ridiculous reason she didn't even ask for his family name? For more than two months? Seriously? GET REAL!
4/27/2023 c2 Guest
So, to "keep the future knowledge useful" or something like that, certain things must happen the same as they did in the other timeline?
And then the diary tells Harry about Hermione being a lifelong companion? And you (or the older Harry) never considered that this should cause Harry to immediately befriend Hermione, which would cause Hermione to have a good friend, when (and **if**) Ron insults her on Halloween. She probably wouldn't be in that bathroom and none of them would ever even see that troll.
And then that idea that you can order a meal in the Great Hall like in a restaurant... And of course Harry must draw attention to himself by demonstrating that knowledge within his first few minutes in the castle, when he could have asked the right people and thereby found the kitchens, where he then could have asked the elves how to get custom meals. No, he must go the Yeah-I-have-knowledge-that-I-really-shouldn't-have-How-dare-you-question-that route. Not to mention the additional attention drawn to both himself and the diary by that defensive mechanism. Why not use a spell to make the diary completely uninteresting to everyone but Harry? Too simple? Too logical? Not enough of a completely pointless stupidly artificial timeline change?
First, you tell us that the old Harry has spent years or decades planning and preparing this. And then his plan looks like it has been made up on the spot by a ten-year-old?
3/17/2023 c42 DiabolicGod
The whole story, though I dropped it around chapter 35, read pretty haphazardly and caricaturesquely. Some things, like the chamber of secrets and its books were written twice and in contradictory ways, other things made little sense.
And most annoying were the caricatures that you made the characters, all of them, into. Rather than people, they seemed more like characters in short comic sketches without much individuality and personal identity. The worst of this were of course all antagonists and Dumbledore et posse.
All that said, you have completed your story, which I really commend and it has kept my interest for a while. Your writing was good enough and the story not bad.
1,403 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »