FanFiction.Net
for Sapphire Skies

10/12/2017 c1 Reikasa
Good to see you back. I really love how you did Brendan's character here. It reminds me so much of the old Brendan from the RSE games. He was a bit of a jerk in the old games, I recall. HAHAH. Brendan turned into a nice guy in ORAS. It was nice and all, but I still prefered RSE Brendan.

Amazing writing as always. Can't wait for the next TtS update. :)
10/8/2017 c1 177Huinari
Alright I finally updated which means I can lift the ban and read fanfiction and WHOO YOU WROTE A STORY AND OMG IT’S B-BOY’S PERSPECTIVE

It starts with his daily life of being his dad’s assistant and I started smirking because haha you were living the boring life until May came and then his fingers brushed against the empty spot and I was like ahgsoihhg the sad feels you don’t quite realize the weight of someone’s presence until they’re gone and hnng the feels. Poor Sirius. Poor Brendan. Poor babies.

The parents are still shippers. Hahahah. Give up, Brendan. Moms are the strongest beings in the universe. You don’t have a chance.

Wasn’t counting my foot. You were totes counting.

Okay it was kind of hard to shield reading it from May’s perspective and from Brendan’s . . . yeah, sorry May, who does that. That’s a total invasion of privacy and only protagonists who go around nosing to start new relationships on the wrong foot but eventually change the steps to make it strong and good . . . oh wait.

What kind of manners do people in Johto have – well, we have a gym leader refuse to acknowledge you and hand over the badge after beating her. Another one cries and won’t immediately hand you your badge. The champion kind of became champion after these two hotshot rookies both kind of quit three years ago. A redheaded boy peeks into a middle-aged man’s home-slash-lab to steal stuff from it. Oh and team rocket.

Oh Brendan. You prickly boy.

Great story! It's fun seeing more of Brendan's perspective in events that happened during TTS.
9/17/2017 c1 Guest
*inhales deeply* I looooooved this! Omg I was so curious about Brendan's mindset and this helps put things in the story in much more perspective, not that it wasn't amazing before, it's simply so good that my thirsty ass keeps wanting more xD (Yaaaaaas, he thinks May os cute!) I'm gonna read Tts again cuz it never get's old, I really hope I can draw you something good soon, but my art is so damned inconsistent. Anywho, I'm so happy and thank you so much for this, good luck with everything and I'll patiently wait! ily! -tenderlygrandflame
9/5/2017 c1 28Water Wolf 100
I was just thinking to myself today that I hadn't seen any updates from you in a while (I check your profile once in a blue moon to see if you have any info for us regarding TtS) And man, was I happy to see this. I just
..cant put into words how much I love the world you've built in this story. Sure you may be rusty with it, with the universe you've made is still here. And that's what I come for. I'm really looking forward to the next TtS update, since as I said over a year ago, it's going into my favorite arc of the Hoenn region games.

I adored seeing things from Brendan's. Going back to him at the start of the journey and seeing how he's changed is really impressive. Would you consider doing other companion pieces from his perspective? I'd love to see his take on the later misadventures that May drags them into and see how his mindset develops.

Basically write anything. I don't care what it is, but I need more TtS universe writing.

Your always loyal reader,
Wolfie
8/29/2017 c1 ThisAccountWillbeDeleted
This is a very sharp contrast to the Hoenn sage, although it seems to be based on another one of your stories (which I'll have to check out for context).

It's interesting to see a character, who is very friendly in game, behave so irritably. He's a big grump (in a lovable way). Your story is very strong, technically. There are a few spots where you missed a comma, but it's rare and doesn't detract from the quality or flow of the story.

I'll check out the story this one-shot is based on.

8/27/2017 c1 anonymouse
so glad to see you're writing again!
i love this fic, it humanized brendan a lot, and it gives his actions in the story a lot more context
brendan's dialogue away from may was great characterization and i loved reading it
you captured the pain from losing a pet perfectly and i really felt for brendan during this fic- hopefully we get to see him come to terms with it during touching the sky
8/27/2017 c1 49Just-Absolutely-Super
Hey, glad to see you're alive! hehehe

I enjoyed seeing your work after so long, companion piece or not. I love how you write Brendan, so seeing something that's from his point of view was nice to see. I love how you write his grief and angst when he thinks about Sirius's passing.

Hope you have a lovely day (or night...), I can't wait for what you'll give us next time!
8/27/2017 c1 maw356
That was wonderful, and I'm glad you are doing okay! I can't wait for more updates to TtS
8/27/2017 c1 1GreenCap
Yay you posted something new! I don't care that it's not a new TtS chapter... it's still great! Thank you for creating a beautiful story. I hope we see some more chapters soon too, but take your time. It's your story after all.
8/27/2017 c1 13darkmist111
Oh wow I never realized how much of a aghasty hipster Brendan can be it's kind of adorable. I'm glad we get a new addition to Touching The Sky and I can't wait till next chapter.