for Continuum

9/21 c38 Karenskatz
OK. I read a good deal of the story that comes after this, which I found on another site, and just recently stumbled across this beginning series. I've been meaning to ask; you live in Milwaukee, don't you?! I've been living here since 1980 (came up from Chicago for a summer job at Old World Wisconsin and sorta never went home) and you've got all the major landmarks and the freeway system correct, though the occasional street addresses and the names of hospitals don't match up with anything I know of (or was that intentional?) I've volunteered at the Pabst mansion, I've had the Victorian Tea at the Pfister with my steampunk friends, I live about five blocks from Harly headquarters and Miller, and I've been to a few of the every-five-year big anniversary bashes that Harly Davidson throws. I keep waiting for you to throw in back-stage at the Pabst Theater or the Broadway Theater Center; that I could really fact-check for you! I'm wondering what building you were imagining for the Challengers School and later Club? What neighborhood did you set that in? Where in Chicago did you picture the Phoenix Foundation and which northern suburb did you imagine Pete and Connie living?
I was also wondering why Pete didn't have something to say about his successor, Stern. You don't get a position like that without working your way up through the ranks or coming over from an allied organization like the DXS. Pete would have known him, or at least known OF him. I wouldn't be the least surprised if Mac had called Pete after his first encounter with Stern to ask, "What can you tell me about this guy?"
9/19 c12 Karenskatz
Did they have body cams back in 1995?
6/23/2020 c16 4j.haerton
You do a great job writing MacGyver! RDA would be flattered.
1/30/2018 c9 11GoodGodHenry
Trouble is a brewing between MacGyver not telling Joanna about his son...but I am more worried about Jesse. Aaaah!
1/4/2018 c4 GoodGodHenry
I love Joanna and her use of a binder clip!
12/22/2017 c40 12deepandlovelydark
...you know, I went to the trouble of making a fanfiction account just to say: impressed by the story, love that someone's putting this kind of devotion into Mac's continuing adventures...and please, do write the sequel soon, because as a Jack Dalton devotee my heart's in my mouth.

Thanks for writing it!
12/21/2017 c40 Guest
YES ! A sequel. Can’t wait.
12/19/2017 c40 Sanguine
I just reread it again and now I'm even more excited to see what happened to Jack than I was the first time around! The cliffie is killing me! (But it's also a stroke of brilliance, so... :-D )
12/19/2017 c40 Murdoc
Hello again, my darling. You know, your little friend had gotten me rather intrigued for this, with all of her chatter about you... But I must say that the first section has left me quite disappointed. They're kissing again? Really? How much more of this are they going to do?

So MacGyver's going to a Christmas Mass, is he? Your little friend is planning to drag me to services, too. I suppose she thinks that I'll be inspired to change my wicked ways. Well, I doubt that it will work on me and I'm certain that it won't work on MacGyver. I suspect that we're both too far gone.

Good God, was he trying to *propose* to the poor woman? You don't propose to a woman with a bloody hockey jersey! Everyone knows that. A man is supposed to give a woman a ring, properly, to symbolise his ability to provide for her. What will her family think? MacGyver is such a fool. It's a good thing that he was interrupted. Perhaps now dear Joanna will have time to come to her senses.

And now old Jack Dalton has crashed his little crop duster. Well, I can tell you that *I* didn't do it, so you'll have to find someone else to blame.

I suppose that I'm honestly glad to see this... Christmas is my favourite holiday, you see, and your little friend doesn't care for it. I've been trying to coerce her into celebrating, but she's got no spirit at all. Perhaps your little story can change her mind.

Until next time...

-M
12/18/2017 c40 MoongooseVox
Great chapter! looking forward to the sequel.
12/17/2017 c40 5AllTrekkedUp
I love this so much! I cannot believe this is the last chapter! But a wonderful story this has been, great job on the writing and all the ideas you have had.
11/27/2017 c39 Murdoc
Hello again, darling. It's been a while since we've spoken. Did you miss me? I've been quite busy, but don't think that I've forgotten you. As I'm sure you've noticed, I'm rather persistent.

But really, you decided to pass up the chance to keep me alive in exchange for ithis/i? I really don't understand what the fuss is all about. After all, it's not as if Joanna is the one getting married. If MacGyver wanted to marry her, then he would do it instead of just standing around daydreaming about her. Why settle for idle fantasy when he has the opportunity to make reality? Yet he won't do it, will he? What a shame.

Yes, dear "Angus," one of these days she'll say no to you... Because by the time you decide that you want her, she'll have moved on, and she'll be better off without you. Never forget that.

i"Now why would I want to do that when there are so many better things to do with your mouth?"/i

Good God, MacGyver, could you have any less class at all? That is inot/i how you flirt with a lady. My darling, please tell MacGyver how crass he's being. Not gentlemanly at all.

Until next time...

-M
11/27/2017 c39 Sanguine
I can SO relate to Joanna not being able to type with MacGyver hovering over her like that. I hate it when people look over my shoulder while I’m working.
Oh, MacGyver. He and Joanna are trying so hard to take care of each other and both of them are too stubborn for it to work.

I’m glad that Evelyn and Leroy decided to hook up! I really hoped that they would. But now his second-in-command is taking charge? I don’t think I trust the new guy. …And I just now warmed up to Leroy! Dang it. Also, I’m totally jealous of them going to Ireland.

I was so positive that MacGyver and Joanna were going to get into a car accident with all the winter weather and since you made such a big deal out of them carpooling and whatnot. Every time they went near a car, I braced myself!
Also, when Joanna pointed out that MacGyver calls Frog “baby” a lot, I had to laugh. :-D

Oh, Mac. Always daydreaming! Stay focused! :-D
And oh, Joanna. I can so relate to that bouquet thing. But seriously, don’t complain about being single when you get to look at MacGyver all day! :-D
11/26/2017 c39 AllTrekkedUp
Seeing this just thrilled my heart! Wonderfully written as always and something that I have been looking forward to. It didn't disappoint! Good work! :D
11/9/2017 c3 11GoodGodHenry
Interesting twist between the brain injury and the Challengers school. I look forward to reading more.
69 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »