for Birthday Gifts

5/31/2018 c1 65QueenOfTheUniverse
Aww, this was Great! I remember thinking there needed to be a little bit more to that episode. Nice work! Joss was perfect and I especially loved the ending.
12/30/2017 c1 Lady Sundiver
Beautifully written. John allowed himself to be human in front of the most human person he knows.

Welcome to the Fandom!
12/30/2017 c1 93odalys-ortiz
That was a nice little piece. I just adore the interaction between John and Joss because they just understand each other so well.
12/23/2017 c1 Arches67
Niiiiiice
How come I missed your stories?
9/16/2017 c1 1JayJR
The right touch, mental and/or physical, from the right person, this works so well. The last thank you exposing his knowledge of Finch's protectiveness, also another good connection.
9/10/2017 c1 ReadtoRelax
Enjoying your take on "Many Happy Returns.". Often felt that John needed the opportunity to just to emotionally let go. Nice job!
9/7/2017 c1 21POIphantomgirl
Welcome to POI fandom! I have to say I really enjoyed your story. There are so many things I wanted to know about what could’ve/might’ve happened in that episode. Especially in light of John’s emotionally draining day. Your opening was so well written. You captured his exhaustion well and yet perfectly described how he still hadn’t dealt with his emotions.
The John and Joss moment was very real. I could see something like this happening. Joss came in at the perfect time. His defenses were already weak and giving him the picture was just enough to push him over. But I’m glad she was there to help him through it. John needed this moment. And I love that he shared it with Carter.
“Carter placed a hand on his knee and sat quietly while he struggled to compose himself. But it was like being hit with a bus, all the years of pain, everything that he’d ignored or compartmentalized away had come back to hit him with full force. And every time he tried to stop crying, more tears would flow.”
“Hey, you’re allowed to feel things. It keeps you human.”
And you lightened the moment at just the right time. It’s just like Joss to try and tell John what to do and he actually does it. The issued orders and salute was great moment. Shows the playful side of their relationship. “They knew now, they’d read each other’s military files, it connected them a little bit more in a way they could only guess at before.”
My last favorite part “You know I’m going to find the bugs and cameras Harold. But thank you anyway.” Such a believable John moment. I could see him thanking Finch then raiding the place so he could have complete privacy. At least Harold knows his gift paid off.
Thanks for writing this. It was a beautiful moment.
9/7/2017 c1 9McMoni
Very good ending for the episode! Something I would have loved to see on the show.
I'll be waiting for your next story - definitely looking forward to it!