for FNAF: A Different Story

4/30/2019 c2 3NullSilver2005
Are you dead
2/11/2018 c2 Guest
Hello is this still going
9/17/2017 c2 32Anime PJ
The big difference between this and your Mercer characters is that you can normally get away with it there since, from what I've seen, those OCs are always Alex Mercer's BROTHER, adopted or otherwise. Considering this takes place long after the events of the first three games, it would've been perfectly possible to just have him be a relative of Mike's and avoid the potential confusion ENTIRELY.

That little rant out of the way, I did enjoy the chapter. It's good to see that Marcus is remaining something of a horror movie protagonist in all this, with him continuing to freak out. And his highly traumatised state the morning after was a nice touch, as was his anger at Mr Fazbear - him being too tired to really act on it is also good, but I really hope he won't just drop the anger entirely from this point on, as Mr Fazbear is STILL sending him into a deathtrap on a nightly basis, regardless of what he's doing to help him.

Also, I hope these safety measures don't remain effective on a permanent basis. Things are much scarier if things that seem to work at first are dealt with ridiculously easily later on. It makes things more suspenseful.

I actually just had an idea about the doors that could have dealt with the power problem - the doors don't take up power to keep closed, but only one can be closed at a time for "health and safety" reasons. It makes sense to me that they'd want whoever's in there to be able to get out or else risk being stuck in there. I understand that you can't do this now with how you've gone about this, but it's a thought I just had.

No, I'm afraid I didn't catch the reference, as it's been awhile since I watched the videos. I'll probably look at them again later.

Good second chapter. Keep up the good work.
9/16/2017 c2 Master of Red Windex
Wait, who's Roy?
9/16/2017 c2 19Bladewolf101
Loved the two chapters, brilliant.

Question, when is the next chapter for A Shocking turn of events? And did you get my PM Message?
9/16/2017 c1 32Anime PJ
I would say it would have made more sense for Mr Fazbear to have the animatronics tested for the “glitch” before he sent a Night Guard in there, but now it occurs to me that a Night Guard would have been the only sure-fire way to test that. Still, one has to wonder if, knowing the past of the restaurant, it’s even WORTH reopening for a third time, no matter how much they’ve apparently learned about the place. I hope Marcus calls them out on this act of what is either greed to the point of apathy or simple stupidity, because I sure as hell wouldn’t want to be bait for a bunch of homicidal robotic animals, I can tell you that for nothing.

On a completely unrelated note, I’m always kind of surprised by the lack of Night at the Museum jokes in FNAF stories. They’re both about Night Guards who are guarding supposedly inanimate objects that come to life unexpectantly … Seriously, how has NO ONE I’ve seen made these jokes?

Another good joke to make would be Marcus calling Mr Fazbear a “sick bastard” for trying to sexualise an anthropomorphic chicken. I don’t mind people who are into that sort of thing – I just think it’d be funny to say.

I loved Marcus’ freak out. See, THAT is how one responds to finding out they’ve taken a job that could get them killed. You’re gonna get NO level of calmness in circumstances like these. Where would the horror be if the main character was calm and in control? The reason most horror if even works at all is that we’re made to feel the same helplessness and fear that the characters are experiencing. It’s nice to see a protagonist who reacts the way he SHOULD to the situation. It’s also kind of amusing that basically every word Phone Guy says makes Marcus freak out even more than he already is.

The door using power while it’s closed has always confused me a bit. I mean, fair enough, it’ll take power to MOVE it, but surely when it’s being left alone in one place, whether that be open or closed, it won’t be using any power AT ALL. The game gets away with it because it needs a reason for the player to leave it open, but it still confuses me. Actually, that’s probably why Scott did away with the door entirely in future games, now that I think about it.

This was a good little prologue. I hope you can keep up the good work (when you release the next chapter in two years’ time XD).

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service